EAD Renewal (Attorney Fees)

rakeshr

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My attorney is charging $850 for EAD renewal for myself and my wife.
The legal fee is $500 plus USCIS filing fees of $350.

I feel he is charging more, please let me know your opinion.

Thankyou
Rakesh

rakeshr said:
Hello,

Thankyou
Rakesh

It is much better if you file for renewal yourself. It is a simple and straightforward application.

rakeshr said:
Hello,

Thankyou
Rakesh

I agree with nkm-oct23, you better file it yourself. You will just end up paying the USCIC fees for EAD renewal. Go to the USCIS site, check what all documents you will have to put while applying for EAD renewal and put your check along with it, should be a straight forward and easy process instead of paying 850 to your blood sucking lawyer.

octFiler.

I am also in the same boat to renew EAD and AP. Can you tell me in detail? Any USCIC links are helpful.

octFiler said:
I agree with nkm-oct23, you better file it yourself. You will just end up paying the USCIC fees for EAD renewal. Go to the USCIS site, check what all documents you will have to put while applying for EAD renewal and put your check along with it, should be a straight forward and easy process instead of paying 850 to your blood sucking lawyer.

octFiler.

rakeshr said:
Hello,

Thankyou
Rakesh

The fees seems to be very high. You can do it your self. it is so simple and no challenges. My attorney also offered to do it. But I read the applications and found out that it is very simple. and I did it my self. Good luck.
PWDG

rakeshr said:
Hello,

Thankyou
Rakesh
Hey file it yourself. Else give me 100 bucks and I will file it for you .. just kidding. I have filed my AP application myself and it was a breeze and I got my AP approval in less than 2 months. I will file my EAD renewal myself and I do not anticipate any issues. I would suggest you do a e-file.

To file yourself, go to the instructions for I-765. You should have copies of all notices for 485 etc. Also if you are renewing EAD, than you should use the old EAD approval notice (the white paper in which you EAD cards were attached) and follow the instructions on that and on USCIS.

hi PWDG
What document you read to make it easy , can you post the document here we can also read that, it will help us to apply online

Thanks
shekar PC