EAD Renewal at VSC

Ead Problem

I filed EAD application for my wife and myself on June 28. My wife's EAD has been approved, but my EAD is pending. My I-485 got 2 LUDs. Somebody can tell me why? Thanks

Maybe your 485 is approved?

zchen said:
I filed EAD application for my wife and myself on June 28. My wife's EAD has been approved, but my EAD is pending. My I-485 got 2 LUDs. Somebody can tell me why? Thanks

can you please give your details? when did you apply EAD? how long it took?

can you please give your details? when did you apply for EAD? how long it took for approval? EB2 or EB3? was it ur 1st or 2nd EAD?

Trying to understand general time taking these days at VSC. I am still waiting :confused:

coowboy said:
Got approval email yesterday. Received EAD approval in 2 weeks !!

EAD renewals

Our EAD (3rd renewal) was rcvd by VSC in end of May. I got approval on July 17th and the card was mailed to us on 19th. Mine was supposed to expire in End of August. But I send to renews in the middle of May. because of the renewal time( was not sure how long it will take to renew it). So I lost 1 1/2 months with my new renewal dates. But I am happy, I have my EAD before it expired.

Rgds
Kmol

kmol69 said:
Our EAD (3rd renewal) was rcvd by VSC in end of May. I got approval on July 17th and the card was mailed to us on 19th. Mine was supposed to expire in End of August. But I send to renews in the middle of May. because of the renewal time( was not sure how long it will take to renew it). So I lost 1 1/2 months with my new renewal dates. But I am happy, I have my EAD before it expired.

Rgds
Kmol

Hi check your EAD card. I actually got an extension of one year. Mine expires in Sept and got approval two weeks back for one more year until Sep 2007.

eadap485, did u get ur EAD approval? Pls post ur details

eadap485 said:
My EAD/AP expire in September. I have just filed a renewal with VSC. Does anyone know how much time RENEWALS are taking?

Can I work if my original EAD runs out and before I receive the new one? If I can’t work can I stay in the country in that case?

Please let me know your opinion

Anyone didn't get EAD approval even after 2 months Receipt Date(RD) VSC?

Just curious to know, anyone didn't get EAD approval even after 2 months Receipt Date(RD) VSC?

Trying to assess time lines for EAD approvals. VSC website shows they are approving April 16, 2006 cases. I don't the date mentioned it correct.

Please post details in case you are still waiting.

ead renewal.

I rcvd my ead. found I did not loose any dates. I am fine with the old and new dates.

Hope I will get good news about Green card soon. This waiting and looking Visa bulletin is so painful. PD April 24, 2001
rgds
Kmol

Using AP cause RFE for EAD renewal?

I just got a email from USCIS that they need more information or materias for my EAD renewal application based on I-485. After I used AP, I have been working with same employer using H1, not EAD. My wife's EAD has been approved. She did not use AP. Can someone tell me what they do want? Thanks.

Sree 2005... EAD...

I applied on April 26 (e-filed late night on Apr 25). I had my fingerprints done by May 1st week. Still waiting for my EAD approval (current one expires Aug 14). I guess I can now get an interm EAD, but if I am waiting to see if I can avoid the trip.

S

Should not work in EAD gap

I was in the same situation back in April this year. My old EAD expired on April 4, 2006, but my renewal did not come through until April 13, 2006. I consulted with an attorney from Sheela Murthy's Law Office regarding my options, and here's what she told me:

- You should not work and get paid by your employer during the gap. If the dependent spouse is also working on EAD, he/she should also not get paid. That effectively means taking a forced unpaid time off.

- You can continue to stay in the country, as long as your I-485 is pending adjudication. Your eligibility to stay in US has nothing to do with the fact that you have a gap in your employment eligibility.

To make matters worse, I did not file for my renewal at least 90 days before the old EAD was to expire. The attorney suggested I could try to get an interim EAD, although she said that would be a very long shot, as the USCIS rules require at least 90 days before issuing an interim EAD.

So I went to the local USCIS office in San Jose to try out my luck, but they refused to give the interim EAD, saying that it has to be at least 90 days from the renewal application notice date.

Bottomline - I ended up taking the forced vacation with no pay (same with my wife too, who was working on EAD). At the minimum, I should have applied for renewal at least 90 days before the expiry of the old EAD. A lesson learned, the hard way!

I received my ead renewal today(based on pending 485). Recd by VSC on 7/13/06. Approved 7/27/06

Thanks for all the helpful posts

Congrats !!!

Wow..that was fast.

I am still waiting for 2nd EAD approval. Getting close to 2 months. Don't know what to do....

eadap485 said:
I received my ead renewal today(based on pending 485). Recd by VSC on 7/13/06. Approved 7/27/06

Thanks for all the helpful posts

my EAD was approved

I am glad to say that our EADs are approved on 7/28. We were tensed little bit because current EADs expire on 8/17/06. Thanks for sharing info on EADs at VSC.

My 485 is struck on name check clearance since 7/8/05. I mailed letters to local congresswoman and local FBI field offices. It was good that we got a call from local congresswoman and she would be taking it upto main FBI. Not sure how much time it takes still.

One of my friends did in similar above way. His name check was cleared in 45 days and he got a call from locaL FBI stating that his name check was cleared. I am just following his steps. LET'S SEE HOW IT HELPS MY CASE.

noshs said:
EAD got approved on 27th July, had filed it on 24th June.(VSC)
--Naveen Oshos

sree2005 said:
I am glad to say that our EADs are approved on 7/28. We were tensed little bit because current EADs expire on 8/17/06. Thanks for sharing info on EADs at VSC.
QUOTE]

Congrats sree. Atlast finally you got your EAD. Also best of luck with your AOS.
By the way can you tell me which state you belong? thanks in advance.

Thank You, EB1ORAug2005.

EB1ORAug2005,
I am originally from Andhra. Where are you from in India?

EB1ORAug2005 said:
sree2005 said:
QUOTE]

Congrats sree. Atlast finally you got your EAD. Also best of luck with your AOS.
By the way can you tell me which state you belong? thanks in advance.