EAD REceipts gotafter 70 days.

RM_CSC

Registered Users (C)
I applied for EAD First week of Feb INS received them on Feb 7th checks cashed on Feb 10th, Got WAC # by calling IIO and check copies.

Yesterday April 19th got Receipts which say

RD FEB 7
ND APRIL 16th

but WAC # corresponds to FEB 10th WAC-03-100-*****

So will they pick my case based on WAC # or based ND ?

:D :mad: :(

Any way i will go for iEAD .

Same Here

Hi,

Yesterday, recevd 765 receipt notice. Just like you, I also applied in 1st week of Feb and got the WAC #s from cancelled check image. Verified with IIO and gave me the dates as RD: Feb 10th.
But yesterday's receipt give different dates. RD as Feb 7th and ND as Apr 16th.

One way happy that receipt has come but new worry about the NDs. Somewhere in this forum, I read that to issue iEAD INS go by 90 days from ND.

I was planning to take iEAD with the cancelled check images, printout from the INS case status website.

- Do you live in San Jose area?
- When will you go to iEAD?.

Let's keep in touch.

So, When one can get iEAD?

Is 90 days from RD or ND. Please clarify, still i have n`t received my receipt applied in second week of Feb. and expiring EAD by mid of june.

any suggestion appreciated..thanks

If you come under San Jose Office

If you live in Santa Clara County, your INS office will be San Jose.
San Mateo, San Fran will be San Fran INS Office (correct me if I am wrong)

well thats what I thought - but I mailed the application for renewal of EAD into the San Jose drop box and it got sent back to us after about 10 days saying we had to send it to
CSC - no reason given . Any answers to this one - according to all the forms etc - it seemed to us that renewal of EAD needed to be dropped off at our local INS office - which is what we did - thats why I am now wandering about iEAD

Depends on 485

Where did you file your 485?

Is it employment based?. If you filed 485 at CSC (Laguna Niguel), you need to send EAD/AP over there.

There was a discussion sometime back about where to file. I think it was posted by vipsha.

Refer to INS website for the EAD filing instructions.

our lawyers did our whole 485 so we weren't sure - after charging about $ 8000 for all of that they wanted another $500 over and about INS fees for renewal of EAD - so we decided to save the $ 500 and do it ourselves - hence we weren't sure - obviously our application is at CSC - which is where we have now sent EAD renewal - and they have cashed the checks - but would this mean we would have to go there for i EAD in 90 days ?

indianadr,

I live in San Jose and I have RD Feb 10th when i called IIO and on Website when I check the status, I am planning to go for iEAD after May 11th. I will to San Jose office on Monterey road.

Some of my friends say we can get iEAD 90 days from RD.

Any way I will take Check copies and receipts and see how it goes.

-RM

Guys snce you are from Feb date you should get it. INS had instructed there local offices to issue ead even if someone has copy of cashed cheque with WAC number. IF problem comes u might well wanna hold your receipt back and use the copy of cheque.

You have to send your 765 application where you 485 is pending if it is pending at CSC then it will go to CSC Laguna Niguel and if it is pending at local service center due to interview or some other reason then it should go to local service center.

Infact rule is if your 485 is pending at local service center and your current EAD is expiring than you can go to local service center with in 30 days of expiry date of your current EAD and get new EAD.
(source INS web site)

lindaMac,
You got your appllication back since your case might not be pending at local service center. Yes you can/must go to local service center for iEAD.

Same here.

I applied for EAD in first week of FEB. Got receipt yesterday saying:

RD: 02/05/2003
ND: 04/16/2003.

I would go for iEAD on 91st day from RD.

got receipt yesterday for EAD renewal

RD april 16 2003
ND april 17 2003

90 days would be July 16

My H1b expires July 1 - what do you guys suggest I do? Try go to San Jose office 2 weeks early and try for iEAD?

( current EAD expired in March - so I am currently working on basis of H1B)
Husband had to renew his H1b as his expired in January.

lindmac,

you can try to get iEAD two weeks before, but will they give it is up in the air, your only option is to take the two weeks off and get iEAD and continue working once you have iEAD.

Try to get it before 90 days no harm in trying.

Good luck.

RM

Document needed to get i-EAD?

I do not have a receipt of filling; can I visit the INS office with my WAC# (which I do have from the cashed check) accompanied by a letter from the attorneys explain that no receipt has been received.

Will this work? Or I should request for duplicated receipt?

Filed EAD renew in 2/14/03.

lindaMac,

Very high probability of getting early iEAD at San Jose. They have a good track record in doing so.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to renew H1 as well. Always better to have it as backup. You don't even need to leave the country to renew it, just post it in to St. Louis.

Good luck!

I got my ND for EAD yesterday for Feb RD

I got my ND for EAD Renewal, yesterday for Feb RD

Receipt Date: 02-10-2003
Receipt Notice Date: 04-17-2003

Since we are seeing more EAD cases approved for the last week or so, we will get our approvals also soon, without going for iEAD.

Good luck to all of us

----------
PRATHI

485 - WAC -02-126-5XXXX

Received 485/EAD receipt finally

Received 485/EAD receipt WAC-03-102-5****

485/EAD
Receipt Date: 02/11/2003
Notice Date: 04/17/2003

AP
Receipt Date: 02/11/2003
Notice Date: 02/12/2003

FP
Notice Date: 03/12/2003
Submission Date: 03/20/2003

EAD Renewal
Rec'd Date: Feb 18
ND: Apr 21
Sent: Apr 22
I rec'd: Apr 23

It said the cas should be process within 79 days from the ND. If 90 days past ND and decision has not been rec'd, contact them.

EAD renew receipt

RD: Feb 19,
ND: April 21
Received: April 23. It also said the case will be processed within 80 days of the ND.