EAD payment method, URGENT help needed

kiaule

Registered Users (C)
Hey I'm about to file in Washington DC (arlington) office for renewal EAD. I know if I go in for interim EAD (which i had to do last 2 times), they'll ask me for proof of payment. It seems like the easiest thing to have it is to pay by personal check.

Does this office accepts personal checks? Thanks

rohit_bha said:
Yes, they accept personal checks.

The advantage of sending a personal check is that you get your EAC number right away as soon as the check gets cleared. This is because BCIS prints your EAC number on the back of the check.

thank you soo much for your replies. so once i get the number of EAC on my cancelled check, will that enable me to track status online or anything? also, what will be considered the date of receipt of my application?

another thing that im very confused about with arlington office is HOW i can file there. i thought you could file in person but it seems like only lawyers are allowed to do that (this discrimination against people without attorney's help really makes no sense).

So i was going to mail my application for renewal in to their address at fairfax dr room 315 etc. then i was told by someone that the office is moving.

does anyone know anything about this? is it still ok to mail my application in to the address that they have posted on their website?