EAD Help Please

TSRAJAR

Registered Users (C)
My I 485 RD is Aug/2001 and my current H1-B expires on Dec 2002, so I am going to apply for EAD.. can you please help me on the following questions..

1) How many photos should I attach along with EAD application form?
2) Can I write C(9) on EAD application form question 16. (eligibility under 8 CFR 374a.12)
3) What are the documents I should attach? (like copy of passport, I 485 receipt, …)
4) What is signature card? Do I need to sign and send the signature card along with my EAD application form? (As per I 765 Doc. Section 3 they have highlighted about signature card) and where can I get the signature card. – I am planning to download the form from internet.

Thanks in advance.

Here are some answers to your EAD questions

1) How many photos should I attach along with EAD application form?

2 photos taken no earlier than 30 days before submission to the INS ( Lightly print your name and A# on the back of each photowith a pencil)

2) Can I write C(9) on EAD application form question 16. (eligibility under 8 CFR 374a.12)

Yes

3) What are the documents I should attach? (like copy of passport, I 485 receipt, …)

You need to send the following documents

a) I-765 EAD application ( download this from INS sites)

b) Filling Fee ($120 check/money order payable to Immigration and Naturalization Service)

c) A copy of the form I-94 departure record (front and back)

d) A copy of your last EAD (front and back)

e) 2 photos

f) I-797D which you received along with your old EAD ( If you have, if you are applying for renewal )

g) A copy og first two pages of your passpost

h) I-485 Receipt notice and old EAD approval notice

4) What is signature card? Do I need to sign and send the signature card along with my EAD application form? (As per I 765 Doc. Section 3 they have highlighted about signature card) and where can I get the signature card. – I am planning to download the form from internet.

You don't need this signature card, INS changed this recently ( I got my EAD approval one month back without this)

Hope this information helps you.