EAD for more than 1 year

lil_joe

Registered Users (C)
I see that INS has approved EAD extension rule on July 30 2004.

How much do you think the reduction of work on EAD renewals is going to improve 485 time?

Any thoughts based on experiences

lil_joe said:
I see that INS has approved EAD extension rule on July 30 2004.

How much do you think the reduction of work on EAD renewals is going to improve 485 time?

Any thoughts based on experiences

it is good first thing we can save money , BTW where did u find this

What more than one year, I applied for my renewal in June and they chopped off 3 months off my previous EAD time!!! :mad:

joyd said:
What more than one year, I applied for my renewal in June and they chopped off 3 months off my previous EAD time!!! :mad:

You forgot to send them the new HQ permission for back-dated EAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (did the same mistake).

Anyway, the asylees will get it for five years! The will save money for sure!

grunggy said:

Write a letter with the application and mention it as is not an official memo yet! Say, I want my EAD to be back-dated per....................................................The key word is "AVAILABLE"

02/13/2004: Post Dating of EAD Renewal Available Per USCIS HQ Permission

According to the Nebraska Service Center, the Service Centers were given a green light by the USCIS HQ in September 2003 to issue the "post-date" EAD so that people can obtain a full 12-month renewed card. Since the EAD holders are permitted to file EAD renewal up to 6 months in advance of the expiration of the current EAD, inasmuch as it is within this time frame, people may be able to apply for EAD extension rly on so that they do not face a crisis of EAD renewal application being still pending at the time of the expiration of the current EAD. Accordingly, people may be able to request the EAD renewal period from the date of expiration of the current EAD until one year from the starting date. In the renewal application, people may remind the Service Center of November 5, 2003 NSC Q&A so that they can check with the USCIS HQ internal permission back in September 2003.
We commend the USCIS for the right move. It will help somewhat workload of EAD processing. EAD processing takes a large share of the USCIS immigration benefit workloads. Last year, this web site recommended the legacy INS to adopt this procedure.

joyd said:
Hmm! Had no clue about this! Can anything be done now?

Yes. Send Expedite Request for your I-485 based on Service Error. let us know the result or just forget it!