EAD for L2 Visa Holder

markujitsu

Is it necessary to have an EAD card for an L2 visa holder to earn money ? I already have opened a bank account

Can I apply for a Social Security Number without an EAD card ? It says that if you are not working you dont need a SSN and SSN is not given for the purpose of solely obtaining a driving licence.

I need to get a driving Licence and dont have secondary ID proof. Just have Passport with Visa.

Currently I am driving with my Indian licence and my International licence which says its valid for a year.

Am based in Virginia

How do you plan to "earn" money, by working? If so you will definitely need EAD. SSN is needed for filing tax returns. First get your EAD, then get SSN. you can then apply for a state Driver license.

EAD is a mandate to get SSN. IF you are working in USA you dont need a SSN.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

Is it necessary to have an EAD card for an L2 visa holder to earn money ? I already have opened a bank account

Can I apply for a Social Security Number without an EAD card ? It says that if you are not working you dont need a SSN and SSN is not given for the purpose of solely obtaining a driving licence.

I need to get a driving Licence and dont have secondary ID proof. Just have Passport with Visa.

Currently I am driving with my Indian licence and my International licence which says its valid for a year.

Am based in Virginia