EAD for an H-4 holder

LifeNeverSux

Registered Users (C)
Hi folks,

I'm here in the US on H-1 and my wife's on H-4 visa. I applied for
I-140/485/EAD concurrently on 7/3/03. A few days later, I heard a rumor, which says that the dependent (H-4 holder in this case) will not be issued an EAD anymore from march, 2003 on
till the primamry applicant (H-1 holder) gets approved in his/her I-140 application.

For those of you who applied I-140/485 concurrently AFTER March 1, 2003, if you had a similar case as that of mine or if you know or are aware of cases that are similar to what I just described, pls reply and let me know it the rumor's true or not.

Thanks in advance

I dont think it's TRUE.
My wife is on H4. We both filed for 485/131/765 in February.
Notice Date is March 17, 2003.

Receipt# EAC031255xxxx

I have got my EAD/AP approved. received card and AP/
My wife has also got EAD approved. AP pending..

V..

Thanx

Thank you all, LiveAndLerLive, badobo and love-immi. love-immi, your reply is particularly helpful, thanks a lot, again.

LifeNeverSux:)

love-immi, yours' different

love_immi,

I just realized that your case is a bit different from that of mine. I filed 140/485/765 concurrently earlier this month. From your post, I figured that your I-140 has been approved, which means the rumor does not apply to your case. Guess I still have not got a firm answer yet.

LifeNeverSux:)

I-140 - RD:10/26/03

we (myself & wife) got my EAD card approved in feb and got the card in march, still I-140 pending.

I know few people who got their EAD's in april though their I140 pending.

Yeah, there was also some posts regarding pepole who got EAD approved while 140 was pending.
So, cant say anything for sure.

LifeNeverSux,

My 140 is not approved yet. I filed 140 in Nov 2002
( ND : 11/29/2002)
When we got receipt from INS in Jan 03, We mailed 485 forms in Feb.
It looks like my employer with the help of lawyer deliberatly are delaying

My lawyer suggested to wait for 140 receipt to file 485 rather
than filing concurrently.

V..

LifeNeverSux

Be assured.Your spouse will have as much right as yours to puruse work.This is baseless rumor(re: stoppage of EAD for H-4 spouse)
I don't know where you got this rumor from ?

A rumor is a rumor afterall

This is a followup to the rumor I mentioned last month.

Both my and my wife's applicaitons for EADs have been approved based on BCIS' online status check. In that checking system, a line of message reads somethingl like this: after approving..., we've ordered new card ... mail to you when it's ready.

Guess those who applied in early - mid July should get their EAD applications approved any time soon.

hi LifeNeverSux
I also applied i140/485/ead for me and my spouse on August 14th 03, Can you please let me know how long it took for you to get the receipt number?
Thanks
Sai

SaiBobby

Files were mailed on the 3rd and my attorney received all the receipts from the BCIS on the 21st of July. So it took nearly 3 weeks.

LifeNeverSux