EAD extension

H1B_140

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am going for EAD extension.

1. If I apply for extension and by the time extension approves, can I switch my job?

2. if I change my job then can I apply my EAD extension with new company, without any problem?

Does EAD have information about the company which I am working for?

Thanks

Please provide RD/ND/AD for your I140 and RD/ND for I485. You can switch jobs if your 140 has been approved and your 485 has been pending for more than 180 days. You can work only after getting EAD in hand. Your new employer need to renew the EAD. You need to send AC21 letter to USCIS.

H1B_140 said:
Hi,

I am going for EAD extension.

1. If I apply for extension and by the time extension approves, can I switch my job?
--- you need Valid EAD or valid H1 for work , we dont know your correct situation, if you have valid EAD then you can change employer, if you have H1 then file H1 transfer through new employer, if you want to use AC21 we dont know if your I-140 is approved AND I-485 pendng more than 180 days
2. if I change my job then can I apply my EAD extension with new company, without any problem?
------ EAD belongs to YOU not to past or future employer is is granted on the base of YOUR Pendng I-485, new employer or past employer has nothing to do with your EAD or AP you have to apply EAD renewal or AP directly or though lawyer. you must apply EAD 4-5 month advance of your EAD expiry date so that you get EAD reneal at time before expiry of your EAD
Does EAD have information about the company which I am working for?
---- NO, only your I-485 reciept copy, Fees, 2 photographs , form I-765, coorct USCIS fees $175, copy of your I-94 (both the sides) and I-14 filing reciept copy or I-140 approval notice AND Color Copy of your driving lince and Color copy of your passport first page that has your photograph, DOB,name on it. the form I-765 only asks YOUR info not any info about any employer go to USCIS main site and doenload the form I-765 and read the instuctions
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
H1B140,

If you are *EXTENDING* EAD - you've been having it at least 8 months (12 - 4[extension advance]), ergo you have 140 approved and AC21 applies, therefore:

1) YES
2) YES

You welcome.

Thank you so much guys!!!

I have my I-140 approved and I-485 180 days +. my EAD is expering in May 2005. And that is the reason I ask these questions.

Another question :)

What is the procedure to renew EAD for my wife?

I have copy of:
1. I-140 application (just mine)
2. I-140 approval (just mine)
3. I-485 application (of both )
4. current EAD (of both)

Last edited by a moderator:
H1B_140 said:
Another question :)

What is the procedure to renew EAD for my wife?

I have copy of:
1. I-140 application (just mine)
2. I-140 approval (just mine)
3. I-485 application (of both )
4. current EAD (of both)
---- to file HER EAD you need copy of HER I-485 filing reciept, Her 2 photographs( New passport style) copy of HER I-94 front and back, Copy of her earlier EAD, Color copy of HER first page of passprt, Color Copy of HER driving licence or state ID, SHE has to sigh form I-765, USCIS fees check $175, Top EAD mailer that she got with her earlier EAD, copy of marrage certificate, copy of PRINCIPAL (YOU) approved I-140 or I-140 filing reciept, make cover letter and top of cover letter write her Name, A# (her I-485 reciept has her A# on it)DOB, Pending I-485# starting with LIN or WAS or EAC
write what is enclosed , she should write home address and sign the cover letter and I-765 form with date and out side the envelope write in big bold letters : Form I-765 for EAD RENEWAL