EAD detail

jian42

Registered Users (C)
Hi, Guys,

My H1-B will expire in three weeks. Seems like I can not wait any longer for GC approval. Time to pay them a visit in Boston and apply for EAD.

While preparing the I-765 Form, there is one question. Question 11, asking if I have applied for emplyment aurhorization before.

I have been working on H1-B since after I graduated from school, and this is the first time I apply for EAD. But I did apply for Practical Training while I was still in school.

Does my application for OPT count as a previous application for "employment authorization"? I think my case is pretty typical, (F-1 -> practical training -> H1-B -> EAD) so can someone give me a hint?

Thank a lot.

Jian

RD 10/15/2001

Yes, it counts.. I have done the same as my attorney has advised it. That is the reason you should hold on to your EAD(which you got after your school)

Hope this helps...

Of course. Fill in the practical training beginning date as application date, 'Granted' as result.

what abt

What abt my case i came here on H1-B VISA so should enter as YES or NO for the column 11 in 1-765 form , applying for first time for EAD.
What sort of documentation i have to provide to them???

Just say NO.. since this is the first time you are applying for EAD..

the documentation required is

2 ADIT Pictures
$120 Check to INS
I-485 Reciept notice
I-94 copy(Front and back)

If you have an EAD then additionally
Upper part of the previous EAD mailer
EAD copy(Front and back)

Hope this helps

Thanks for the help

Just one more question is there any chances for RFE for EAD , if you apply for the first time