EAD card has incorrect expiration date?!?

simshyam

Registered Users (C)
I posted this somewhere else but here it is in the right place:

My EAD card was approved June 6th but instead of June 5th 2008, the expiration date on the card was printed to Jan 5th 2008.

Does this mean I have to go thru' the whole filing process for a replacement EAD card? Are there other options that are easier and quicker?

I posted this somewhere else but here it is in the right place:

My EAD card was approved June 6th but instead of June 5th 2008, the expiration date on the card was printed to Jan 5th 2008.

Does this mean I have to go thru' the whole filing process for a replacement EAD card? Are there other options that are easier and quicker?

when did you apply?

Applied March 25th and approved June 6th. When I called 1800, the lady had no idea why it was approved for only 6 months as she thinks it might not be an error in the first place. So she wants me to fill out form on the uscis website for this. don't know where exactly to do that...

exact same situation

I have the same situation. I also appled for renewal around late march. and approved 6th june. expiration jan 2008.
This is not good specially after the rate increase announcement.

I really hope that and want to think they are going to approve my application before that that is why it is only for 6 months.

Anyone else in the forum with same situation?

Applied March 25th and approved June 6th. When I called 1800, the lady had no idea why it was approved for only 6 months as she thinks it might not be an error in the first place. So she wants me to fill out form on the uscis website for this. don't know where exactly to do that...

my spouse's ead was approved for a full year. so i think it's just an administrative error. maybe the same intelligent officer worked on yours too...

Do you plan to call them up and ask them why such difference since probably you submitted both the applications at the same time?

my spouse's ead was approved for a full year. so i think it's just an administrative error. maybe the same intelligent officer worked on yours too...

I already did 3 times. 2 of them have no clue and neither does my local USCIS office. (one cust service rep said that the immigration officer is not necessarily obligated to give 1 full year of validity, depending on certain case specific requirements) My local office suggested I book an infoPass appt and talk to an immigration officer in person. But my nearest infoPass center is 300 miles from home and so I am not sure if it is worth the effort.

I am hoping to find some response from others here that have gone thru' the same situation...

good news atlast

Sksave,

my I-485 case was approved this morning and status says "card production ordered". I am sure you must be receiving your GC very soon... that's why they have given us only 6 months of EAD upon renewal.

My PD is Mar 23, 2003.

I thought this good day would never come in my life :D

Congratulations!! enjoy your freedom.
I hope to see such a day soon.

Sksave,

my I-485 case was approved this morning and status says "card production ordered". I am sure you must be receiving your GC very soon... that's why they have given us only 6 months of EAD upon renewal.

My PD is Mar 23, 2003.

I thought this good day would never come in my life :D