EAD available?

avi_gc

Registered Users (C)
I have filed for my I-140 (EB3) but not I485. I am waiting for I 140 approval so that I can apply for I-485/EAD/AP. But now with the priority date retrogression, if I dont file for 485 before end of next month, that means I wont be able to even file for EAD?
Any comments or suggestions?
thanks
avi_gc

avi_gc said:
I have filed for my I-140 (EB3) but not I485. I am waiting for I 140 approval so that I can apply for I-485/EAD/AP. But now with the priority date retrogression, if I dont file for 485 before end of next month, that means I wont be able to even file for EAD?
--- you are correct
Any comments or suggestions?
---- file I-485, with I-140 filing reciept ASAP ( attach the documents needed to file with I-485 like 2 new style photographs, Medicals, I-94 copy both the sides, passport pages, copy of Birth certificate correct I-485 fees+fingerpring fees $70, once you get I-485 filing reciept file EAD AP
avi_gc

hi guys

what options regd work permit does the spouse of h1 visa have in light of the new retrogession rules.
bcoz according to the rules if labour gets approved after jan 2005 one cannot file the i-485 until the dates become current and so no ead till then ,which could be another couple yrs.
is there some other alternative ,some work permit whereby h4 visa holders can start working ( other then going thru the h1 b process).
this retrogession is i guess more of a bad news for those who are waiitng for ead to start working.