EAD Approved but didn't Receive CARD

MYGC_APRIL

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I got my EAD approved on May 18th but haven't received the cards yet. I did 2 infopass appointment on May 31 and June 08 and they are saying that it was mailed to me on May 21st. Seems like cards are lost in the mail. I asked infopass officer if they can issue me copy or letter of approval, her answer was they don't have any such mechanism. She said that if I don't receive, I have to file a fresh application and fresh 90 days period applies to new application.

Can anybody suggest me what to do? Applying new application means I loose my job and get no salary for 3-4 months. Please help!
:eek:

Thanks

Hi All,

I got my EAD approved on May 18th but haven't received the cards yet. I did 2 infopass appointment on May 31 and June 08 and they are saying that it was mailed to me on May 21st. Seems like cards are lost in the mail. I asked infopass officer if they can issue me copy or letter of approval, her answer was they don't have any such mechanism. She said that if I don't receive, I have to file a fresh application and fresh 90 days period applies to new application.

Can anybody suggest me what to do? Applying new application means I loose my job and get no salary for 3-4 months. Please help!
:eek:

Thanks

talk to congressman. it might help.

when did you apply for EAD?

at NSC

I applied it at Lincoln. It is approved and Infopass IO officer confirmed it. Is there any way to get the duplicate if original is lost in mail?

I applied it at Lincoln. It is approved and Infopass IO officer confirmed it. Is there any way to get the duplicate if original is lost in mail?

On which-date did you apply for EAD? If it is past 90 days, I am sure talking to congressman would help.

I am also having the same problem. EAD approved on july 11 th and I have not recived it yet. It is been more than 20 days. Have you recived your card ? My EAD expires next week .. I may be lossing my job .. Any luck with your card ?

My wife is in the same boat - check out my thread 'EAD Approval Notices sent but only 1 received' for details.

I was hoping we can go to the local CIS office after the 30 day waiting period in hopes of securing a replacement card, but it doesn't appear to be that straightforward.

Same thing with me. I got mine approved on July 17th and have not received anything yet. Let's keep each other informed guys.

Good luck to all.

In the event of having to file for a replacement EAD, I'm assuming the $340 filing fee is in effect for us? Please let me know if there's any clause out there that specifically will let us file under to old filing fee - especially since we never ever did receive the supposedly mailed EAD.

My 485 was filed April of 2007.

According to the website my EAD was approved on jun 6th and I never recieved anything.After talking to different customer service people and going to the dallas center(talked to an officer)...the last result is to send from i-824 and pay $340...I didnt think it was fair because i didnt recieve any notice in the mail but its a tough world.

Finally got it

We called customer service after the 30 day waiting period. They assigned us a case number. I had no hopes and was planning on re-applying within a week after raising the service request had we not heard anything. Couple of days after the service request was raised I received a notification saying 'they have mailed the new card directly to the address they had on file'.

Today we received the card. Approved July 16th - card finally arrives Aug 24th.

I would recommend raising a service request as it worked in our case.

EAD card question

Okay, im just curious, since my situation was similar, i waited roughly 26 days, close to a month for my EAD card, didn't recieve it, called customer service at USCIS, told them i changed address about a week and didn't recieve my EAD card..the lady on on the phone took down my new address, and gave me some sort of referral number, like "T1...." and told me to wait till sept 15 of next month...few days later i recieved my EAD card in the mail. The person that lived at my old address just found out my new address and sent it here, so i was pleased...im just wondering, in your case, did immigration make you a new EAD card without filling for a replacement or did it just go to them as undeliverable and they send it out again, and u recieved it this time? also, do u know if we have to call them back and say we recieved it or just ignore any corresponse on their part in regard to recieving a letter or notice sayin i have to file for a replacement?

Okay, im just curious, since my situation was similar, i waited roughly 26 days, close to a month for my EAD card, didn't recieve it, called customer service at USCIS, told them i changed address about a week and didn't recieve my EAD card..the lady on on the phone took down my new address, and gave me some sort of referral number, like "T1...." and told me to wait till sept 15 of next month...few days later i recieved my EAD card in the mail. The person that lived at my old address just found out my new address and sent it here, so i was pleased...im just wondering, in your case, did immigration make you a new EAD card without filling for a replacement or did it just go to them as undeliverable and they send it out again, and u recieved it this time? also, do u know if we have to call them back and say we recieved it or just ignore any corresponse on their part in regard to recieving a letter or notice sayin i have to file for a replacement?

I don't think they sent my wife's card out to begin with. We never changed our address. I got my EAD in 2 days after they said they had sent the approval notice. My wife didn't get her card although her approval notice, at least so they claim was sent on the same day. It appears that the first time they really sent it out was on Aug 21st i.e. a couple of days after we raised the service request. Usually you would imagine a 'Card Production' ordered notification to be generated followed by the ' approval notice sent' notification. In this case, I received a notification saying the 'card was directly sent' as soon as the service request was raised. The envelope it was sent in didn't have any previous attempt datestamps or modifications. I think it was a complete miss at their end. It must have been lying out on someone's desk after the card was produced.

Congrats on receiving your EAD. I don't believe you have to notify them or apply for a replacement if you already have your card.

So our situation is a bit similar to yours
Our card according to their website, returend by PO as undeliverable.
We called and updated our mailing address with our home physical address but were told to wait 45 days.
Reciept notice date was May 31 st and the card was produced on July 30th and sent on Aug. 1st. Mailing address updated on Aug. 13th. Nothing since then.
What to do next?
Thanks

Just wait in, you'll recieve it. don't worry if it takes time, from all my research on recieving anything from USCIS, ive noticed that in a lot of cases, it takes a long time to recieve something, so if its a week or so, don't worry. important thing is that your card is not lost in the mail, so you don't have to reapply for a replacement, just hang in there and wait.