EAD approval timeframe these days?

yoda

Registered Users (C)
hi guys,
my 2nd EAD will expire in about 3 months. so i am thinking of applying for the 3rd one. which one is a better option? e-file or regular?
and also what are the timeframes for both of these options. if e-filing isn't faster then i think regular mail is a better option as you won't have to make a trip to the local office. what do you guys think?

thanks!!

EAD

Hai
Better do it before 3 months , I did today , i got online messgae with the EAC number it is taking 60 to 90 days .
after efile call them take an appointment next day...

On average it takes about 2 to 3 months for EAD renewal/approval. It is better to apply 4 months before the expiry of EAD to take advantage of interim EAD if EAD renewal/approval is pending for more than 90 days

EAD nd 05/20/03
Approved 06/27/2003

Got EAD card in the mail 07/05/2003

Mine was a new case.

Info

Hi
Did anybody applY EAD on own. What should be the checks made to these days. Is it still Immigration and Naturalization or is it BCIS.

Payable to BCIS

I applied for renewal by myself. Pay to BCIS.

May 12 2003 RD
May 15 2003 ND
June 27 2003 AD
Received Card July 5 2003

Compaq,

Could you please tell me how to do the EAD renewal on your
own? Did you do it by regular mail or e-file? How to do it by e-file by the way?

Paper File

When I applied for renewal there was no e filing.

I did Paper filing. fill out the form. Attach copy of prev EAD. I-485 receipt notice . two photos. Check to BCIS. I sent it by regular mail.

That's all I did.

compaq

What kind of check did you send ? personal, certified or money order ? Just want to know whether do they accept the personal checks.

TIA

gcflight#485:
I think it is easy if you go thru the application form and what they want. They have given there clearly what they are looking for. Just go through the entire application twice or thrice.
That is more reliable and you will be confindent about what you did.

All out there-
Can INS deny a 485 case if a jobs switch was made before 180 days using a EAD.
Any response will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Re: compaq

Originally posted by gcflight#485
What kind of check did you send ? personal, certified or money order ? Just want to know whether do they accept the personal checks.

TIA

They accept personal check. Check should be in the amount of $120.00 and payable to Buerau of Citizenship and Immigration Services. My persoanl thought is why not send it by a Registered Certified mail(with a return receipt if you want), so that you are sure that it will not lost in the mail. Why not spend couple of more dollars when you are spending $120.00, think the fees is $125 not $120. In that way you have at least a confirmation that your application will reach there. I had sent it by registered mail with retun receipt. Got retuen receipt 7 days after sending it and the approval after 30 days and the card approx. a week after the approval.

Applied for EAD renewal by mail, on my own for my wife and me. Also applied for AP renewal at the same time for me. Personal checks for BCIS - copy of latest I94, previous EAD and 485 receipt attached. For AP copy of AP attached.. 2 sets of pictures for each application

checkout immihelp.com - they have the requirements, fees and requisite forms...

Sent out all forms in one fedex envelope - my EAD and AP in one envelope, wife's in another and both envelopes in one fedex..

EAD for me - ND - 5/15, AD - 7/4, waiting for card
EAD for wife - ND 5/15, AD - 7/8, waiting for card
AP for me - ND 5/15, AD - 7/8, waiting for AP in mail

deepster