EAD approval notice

GrC2005

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I just check my case status online and this is what it says -
Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On October 6, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service.

I am really happy that the EAD has been approved but had a few questions.
Is the approval notice different than card production ordered status? Has anyone got this kind of notice? My husband just got his card directly, did not get an approval notice.
Could someone please shed some light?

you should not worry about it. In my case we got the e-mail "card prodcution ordered" and then after 4-5 days "approval notice sent". we got the cards in the mail after another 3-4 days.

you mentioned that your husband got the card directly? what is the time gap between your husband's approval and yours.

we are a family of 4, husband, wife and two kids. we got two cards but other two are still pending. Is this ok?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for replying hvmmmk.
There is one week gap between mine and my husband's EAD approval. So it should be OK that in your case 2 are still pending. Even though you apply together it doesn't look like they are issuing EAD together.

GRc,
Which service center processed your EAD? Mine is July 23 Receipt date, processed by CSC. The status changed to 'Card production Ordered' on Oct 4 and still waiting for EA (both of us). I am daily checking for 'Approval Notice Sent' Status change. My Notice date is Sept 25.

thanks.

My EAD and my husband's EAD was processed in Nebraska Service Center. My husband status changed to card production ordered on Oct 1st and we received the card on 8th, so it took a week. Don't worry yours will arrive soon.

Question : "Does card production ordered" status come first or "approval notice sent status"

Hi Guys

One of my friend got this message like for his EAD only.

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: We mailed you a decision.

On October 11, 2007, we mailed you a decision on your I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, please contact customer service.

Can you guys tell me what does it mean, he is too worried.

Any one has similar status?

Regards
satish

from what I have heard

One of my friend got this message like for his EAD only.

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: We mailed you a decision.

On October 11, 2007, we mailed you a decision on your I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION. Please follow the instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, please contact customer service.

Can you guys tell me what does it mean, he is too worried.

Any one has similar status?

Regards
satish

"We mailed you a decision" is not good sign. It normally means rejection.
Sorry.

Is there also an EAD approval notice that comes.
I too got the email- but never recived any "Approval Notice"-may be its similar to "H1 approval notice"-although I did get the EAD card.
Not sure if it went to the attorney.
Did any one receive an approval notice for EAD apart from the card??

Filing I-765 (EAD) online using e-file questions...?

Hi Gurus.

Please notify your experience/points-to-be-noted/list-of-documents-to-mail if I file EAD online by myself.

If anybody had applied EAD online by themselves and got approval please let me know what are the documents you send as supporting document after filing online application.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
My EAD and my husband's EAD was processed in Nebraska Service Center. My husband status changed to card production ordered on Oct 1st and we received the card on 8th, so it took a week. Don't worry yours will arrive soon.

Question : "Does card production ordered" status come first or "approval notice sent status"

first u will get card ordered message then in a time of 2 to 4 days it will updated with approval notice sent message

Same as GrC2005

GrC2005, my case is exactly similar to yours.

My EAD online status changed to "Card production ordered" on Oct 1 and my card arrived on Oct 8th or so. There was no "Approval Notice Sent" status in before my EAD arrived.

My wife's online status changed to "Approval Notice Sent" on October 6th saying that they mailed an approval notice on that day but nothing arrived so far. Please write back when you get your card. I will update this thread when we get my wife's card.

vchip75, I received my EAD card in the mail last Friday, I do not see any change in the online status today, it still says "approval notice sent" (my guess is the approval notice went to the lawyer, cause we did not get it)

Your wife's card must be in the mail and should arrive soon.

I received EAD and I-765 approval notice both. EAD was received before the approval notice. Hope this helps

The wait continues....

GrC2005, thanks for confirming.

I am still waiting for my wife's card. It's been 3 and half weeks since the approval.