EAD Approval Notice lost in mail

ma36

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I received email that my I-765 approval notice is mailed and never received that.
I do however got EAD cards as well as I-131 AP approvals - 3 copies.

What do I do regarding I-765 approval notice.

Thanks.

You said you did get your EAD card. The piece of paper which the EAD card was attached to is your approval notice. Make sure you keep this piece of paper, by any chance you need to renew EAD, you need to send it back along with your renewal application. Relax!

Actually, the EAD approval notice is a separate letter mailed in a separate envelope, usually arriving a few days before the actual EAD card. Since you got the actual EAD card already, the EAD approval notice is not needed. The EAD approval notice is a nice document to have for your records but not a must, as you never use it for anything.

You can if you want to, but since you already have the EAD card there is no reason to pursue the approval notice other than for your own records and peace of mind. The EAD card is the important stuff, not the approval notice.

Thanks Bjorn. I-824 is time consuming and expensive (5 months processing at NSc and 200 dollars). So, I would not do it just for the sake of doing it. I would do it only if there is a possibility that during i-485 adjudication or next i-765 renewal (my pd is 07/2002, so will have many more renewals) RFE for copy of this notice may come up.

BTW: If a USCIS document is lost in mail, do they not reissue without I824 application?

I believe you can contact the USCIS and have them reissue the approval notice that's lost in the mail, just as you can call them and have them reissue an RFE notice that is lost in the mail - for free. Give it a shot.