EAD / AP - please reply

dent_75

Registered Users (C)
Dear gurus,
My I 140 is approved and waiting for I 485 since oct 05. I am working in a community clinic and i will continue to work with my employer mon-fri. and would like to moonlight on saturdays on a non -permanent basis,, to pay for my GC fees !!!!
My quesion are regarding my EAD and AP.

1) When i apply for EAD AND AP - i and my wife will lose our H1 / H4 status ???

2) Can we use the card to work on a non -permanent basis, eg. working at different clinics (2-3 saturdays a month) and file taxes on 1099?

3) On the EAD do we need to specify the names of the employers ???

4) I may work for sometime (6months -1 year) on saturdays and then decide to quit and continue to work only for parent company ---is that ok ?

5) can someone please give me a heads up here

thanks
I-140 approved 11/15/05
FP code 3: 11/16/05
I 485 PD 9/16/05
I 485 Approval pending

The application for EAD and AP doesn't hurt your H status. If you use EAD for work, you lose H status immediately, though you can file H1 extension to change back. But I think, you can use EAD to work for multi-emloyers. No names of the employers will appear on EAD card. So what you need to do is just to show the card to employers and they will file a W-9 form. And you can swith employers as you like if you keep working in the similar field.

Ead

I need a little help,

What should one enter for the question “Manner of Last Entry into the U.S.:” on EAD I-765 e-file application. I used Advance parole, but I don’t see that option there on the EAD I-765 e-filing application. Following are the options.

1) DA: ADVANCE PAROLE (DISTRICT AUTH)
2) DE: PAROLEE (DEFERRED INSPECTION)
3) DT: PAROLEE (DISTRICT/POE AUTH)
4) PAR: PAROLEE

Same is for the question “Current Immigration Status:”

1) DA: ADVANCE PAROLE (DISTRICT AUTH)
2) DE: PAROLEE (DEFERRED INSPECTION)
3) DT: PAROLEE (DISTRICT/POE AUTH)
4) PAR: PAROLEE

Thanking you,