EAD and H1-B premium processing

morgan60

Registered Users (C)
EAD RD: 12/13/02
ND: 12/23/02
Receipt no: EAC030635****
Approved: 01/29/03

My original EAD expiry date is 01/31/03. But I applied for renewal only on 12/12/02. I was afraid that EAD renewal will not get approved before the expiry of my current EAD. Since I didn't apply well beforehand and since I will have to come out of payroll in the company I thought of trying in local INS for an interim EAD. so I went to Arlington INS and stood in the queue for about 45 mins under 0 degree windchill. But the guy at token counter didn't even give me a token since my original EAD application date is not 90 days past. I had to return dejected. I went again this week(same windchill) and somehow got the token from an old guy by saying different confusing things. When my turn came and approached the counter I was shocked to see the same IIO who refused me the token on my previous visit. Again I told him that my company will take me out of payroll if i don't get the EAD renewed before 31st Jan. IIO said there is no way they can issue EAD unless it's 90 days past. Then I pleaded if I could talk to the supervisor and tell the situation. IIO allowed and I explained my things to the supervisor. She said, if i could bring a letter from my company saying that I would be taken out of payroll if EAD is not renewed, they could issue interim EAD. In the meantime(about 10 days ago) my company proceeded to apply for H1-B under premium processing. You know what happened yesterday??. My H1-B premium processing got approved in the morning. And in the evening, my EAD renewal applied to Vermont, INS got approved. God is Great. What a day!!!. So I am safe now. Thanks and good luck to everyone.