E2 to L2

My wife is currently having a E2 visa that was delivered to her with her current employer.
I am currently L1A holder with another employer.
We are married.
She wants to leave her job and look for another job.

What is the process to be followed so she can go from her current status to a L2 spouse status with EAD?
Can she conduct this change while remaining in the US?
Any risk if she goes back for a couple of weeks abroad during this process?