E-mail from one of the senates of Florida.

nick18

Registered Users (C)
Hey, well I wrote to so many senators and signed so many petitions that I don't know from which one he replied. But I just got this on my e-mail.

`Please do not reply to this e-mail. If you need to send another message to Senator Nelson, please use the form on his Web site: http://billnelson.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm#email

Dear Mr. (My last name, which I will not post):

Thank you for contacting me about the DREAM Act (S. 2075) introduced by a bipartisan group of senators. I support this legislation.

I believe every child, regardless of ethnicity or nationality, should have the opportunity to get a higher education, and this bill provides another means for that to occur. I appreciate your taking the time to convey your concerns to me and will keep them in mind when the Senate debates this issue.

P.S. From time to time, I compile electronic news briefs highlighting key issues and hot topics of particular importance to Floridians. If you'd like to receive these e-briefs, visit my Web site and sign up for them at http://billnelson.senate.gov/newpages/newsletter.cfm .

Isn't that cool!!! I am so anxious!!! and if this is not passed then with all the pain in the world... I am going somewhere else, probably Canada, or I would get married... who knows.... What would you do if this is not passed?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's great to hear. I've looked into moving to Canada and I've spoke to a lawyer in Vancouver. However, he told me that Canada most likely will not allow me to enter the country b/c of the fact that I'm illegal here and I don't have 2 years of work experience in a skillful job, and I don't speak French at all. Yes, and I had to pay $275 to hear that answer. Oh well. I've been thinking about writing Oprah b/c she's has done many amazing things for many people and b/c of her believe in humanity and justice. I figured if we have her support maybe she'll help us get some media attention and bring this issue to the forefront of all the other immigration issues that we have going around. We need to let everyone know that there are different types of illegal immigration. Politicians need to differentiate these types and pass the laws according to each category. We are all educated, fluent English speakers who consider ourselves Americans and want to make a positive difference in this country. We have all assimilated into the American culture and the way of life.

That's awesome. i love your perseverance. with people like you this bill may just have a chance. btw i love the Oprah idea but you must act on it asap.