• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv2024 winners, its that time of the year again

Best of luck to all to all the winners of this year. As expected given the low probabilities - we have not been selected (both me and wife - 6th year EU). Next year - or better in October - we'll be here again!

Last edited:
Best of luck to all to all the winners of this year. As expected given the low probabilities - we have not been selected (both me and wife - 6th year EU). Next year - or better in October - we'll be here again!
Believe this is my 10th or 11th year, I'm beginning to lose count. Same, wife and I not selected again and thinking of just quitting as it is getting harder to uproot the whole family at this point.

Believe this is my 10th or 11th year, I'm beginning to lose count. Same, wife and I not selected again and thinking of just quitting as it is getting harder to uproot the whole family at this point.
Wow! Yeah it's a very low chance of success even with two people with which the chances are close to doubled. Including your wife you are hereby close to have tried the equivalent of 20 times or so! What region are you in? We are EU Italy and i think the last time I did some calculation the portability is close to 0.5%-1% depending on the considered year.

I thought of giving up for the same reason but then I remind myself that in my profession there is no better place than USA and I keep on insisting!

Hello Simon and all! I want to announce great news. In Russia and the former countries of the USSR, there is a case number in DV2024 65xxx and higher. KFC decided to fry more wings, than in 2014. This is genius!

Not selected again. 20th time's a charm! ;)
Curious, what would it mean for you to win the lottery and have you explored alternatives? Have you perhaps tried to see if you are making some mistakes somewhere that could be leading to an auto rejection? It seems too unlucky in my opinion to not win that many times. I only entered three times. The first I was still in high school so maybe I didn't qualify. The second I just chose some random old photo in my gallery. In 2021, I just filled reluctantly as I didn't expect anything but had coincidentally just taken "US style" photos for no reason. Just sharing in case it might help you to do some retrospection.