• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2019

RMY

Hi, guys.

I don't know if anyone can help us?
I'm writing because my wife and I have won in the 2019 green card lottery. However, due to the development of banning some countries from entering the United States, we want to know what happens in our case? I have dual citizenship, Danish and Iranian. My wife is "only" an Iranian citizen but is living here in Denmark with me and holds both Swedish and Danish residence permit.
The twist in our case is that, she is actually the one who was chosen as the winner(main applicant) of the lottery for us, but as aforementioned, I’m a Danish citizen and we are both living in Denmark. So, my question is: Does it help our case that I have dual citizenship and that we are applying from Denmark, despite the fact that she is considered the main applicant, or are we still part of the banned?

Thank you in advance

Unfortunately, you’re both still subject to the ban since your wife who happens to be the selectee is not a dual citizenship. Your wife has to be eligible for a visa in order for you to benefit as her derivative, your dual citizenship exemption cannot be applied to her.