• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2019 Travelling to US

webster

Hey guys,

Reading a lot of news recently that Trump has ramped up his messaging against not just illegal immigration but also legal immigration. He is also pushing to close the Mexican border and things just look out of control.

I have a couple of questions related to the topic:

1. Did anyone who got a DV visa recently (DV2019) travelled to the US?
Can you share your experience?
Is there any impact from all of those immigration problems on the DV selectees?

2. I finished with my interview, got the visa and I am travelling in 2 months, in the last week before my visa expires.
Is that ok or they might bother me why I waited so long?

Appreciate your answers.
Cheers

Hey guys,

Reading a lot of news recently that Trump has ramped up his messaging against not just illegal immigration but also legal immigration. He is also pushing to close the Mexican border and things just look out of control.

I have a couple of questions related to the topic:

1. Did anyone who got a DV visa recently (DV2019) travelled to the US?
Can you share your experience?
Is there any impact from all of those immigration problems on the DV selectees?

2. I finished with my interview, got the visa and I am travelling in 2 months, in the last week before my visa expires.
Is that ok or they might bother me why I waited so long?

Appreciate your answers.
Cheers

America is a big country. There is no doubt that there are morons in America that feel emboldened by the idiotic comments from Trump, but that is not changing America in any real way on a day to day basis.

Don't worry over nothing. Focus on making a good start in the USA.

Hallo good day , I'm so worry about my dv lottery , because i apply for dv lottery and i wish to win but I'm so worry because i had very bad friend who knows my email , name and details , so 100 % he make multiplay entries , so my question is : can he submit a green card multiple times from the same email which i have ?if yes What will happen? when i will check my dv lottery this year, with confirmation my number , what it will be ? If he play with my email and photo its mean there will be 2 confirmation numbers right ? How i can know if he did it or no ? Maybe if i will select that i forget my confirmation number can i see if he cheat on my place or no ? Thanks for help I'm so worry thank you ..And sorry for my english ..Adam ..

Hallo good day , I'm so worry about my dv lottery , because i apply for dv lottery and i wish to win but I'm so worry because i had very bad friend who knows my email , name and details , so 100 % he make multiplay entries , so my question is : can he submit a green card multiple times from the same email which i have ?if yes What will happen? when i will check my dv lottery this year, with confirmation my number , what it will be ? If he play with my email and photo its mean there will be 2 confirmation numbers right ? How i can know if he did it or no ? Maybe if i will select that i forget my confirmation number can i see if he cheat on my place or no ? Thanks for help I'm so worry thank you ..And sorry for my english ..Adam ..

We can’t confirm if your “bad friend” submitted multiple entries on your behalf or not, the email used is irrelevant. You can’t use the forgot my confirmation number option to cross check entry or confirm if someone entered your information on your behalf either, that’s not what that option is for. You’ll find out if you’re selected or not (regardless of the reason) when results are released in May. Stop stressing or worrying over a situation you have no control over at this point.

Thank you for your answer , i know you are right.. i can't do nothing with this , if he did it , its mean i don't have any chances anymore this year ..i just think what if , i will really submit that i forgot my confirmation number which one i will see ? Last year i really lost my printed confirmation number and i get it by my email request , that's why I'm thinking if i will do it again , what number there will be shown ? My confirmer number ? Or his ? specially if he did it from the same email.. , i was thinking maybe i can figure out this way ,if he really take my chances or no ..thank you whatever ..wish you nice day

@Britsimon and @Aidyn, Appreciate your encouraging comments, hopefully everything will be fine.
As Britsimon mentioned, focusing to make a good start is probably most important at this point, I am doing a lot of research about places to stay, jobs and other related things, already got some interviews, so I am very confident this will be a good move.
Thanks again