• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2015 Winners from Sri Lanka

Yes, I'm also 2015 winner.My case number is 2015AS00017XXX
Can you discuss with me about our interview? :)

I am in Sri Lanka
i think your number is still quiet high, because there are only 5000 selectees from Nepal and Iran in 2015 which means there are smaller hole between 10k+ CNs to 16k CNs. your number probably have the same chance with me in DV 2014 (AS18xxx). but don't lose hope. maybe 2015 will be different. and there is a good thing in 2015 because we don't have to send any form to KCC, just need to fill it online which doesn't cost us anything. My pray is be with you, buddy.Good Luck! :)

Yes, I'm also 2015 winner.My case number is 2015AS00017XXX
Can you discuss with me about our interview? :)
Hi Suzee

Your CN is quit high, but you will get an interview hopefully in Aug-Sep 2015. But still we dont know the accurate information. I personally feel that this year the cases will be processed faster than previous year because there are no paper work most of the information are validate while data entry. ONLY KCC need to review and schedule for the interview.

Hopefully we all get interview.

Hi Suzee

Your CN is quit high, but you will get an interview hopefully in Aug-Sep 2015. But still we dont know the accurate information. I personally feel that this year the cases will be processed faster than previous year because there are no paper work most of the information are validate while data entry. ONLY KCC need to review and schedule for the interview.

Yes, I think so,
Thank you very much.
Hi Suzee

i think your number is still quiet high, because there are only 5000 selectees from Nepal and Iran in 2015 which means there are smaller hole between 10k+ CNs to 16k CNs. your number probably have the same chance with me in DV 2014 (AS18xxx). but don't lose hope. maybe 2015 will be different. and there is a good thing in 2015 because we don't have to send any form to KCC, just need to fill it online which doesn't cost us anything. My pray is be with you, buddy.Good Luck! :)

Thanks a lot.

We are all five in my family.Me, wife and three sons. How to fill up 1-134 affidavit of support form? We need submit a separate forms at interview?

Yes, You need to submit I-134, which can be filled by your sponsor from US or Locally. Also You may show your bank balance (Self finance support). Approximately USD 10,000 per person.

This all need to be done at the interview which is far behind.

Yes, You need to submit I-134, which can be filled by your sponsor from US or Locally. Also You may show your bank balance (Self finance support). Approximately USD 10,000 per person.

You need to make sure you understand the DV process, have accurate information before responding to posted questions.

N0! The OP does not need separate I-134 for himself and his dependents. He only needs one which automatically covers his wife and children. And No, a local person cannot fill out the affidavit of support. It has to be filled by a USC, a LPR or someone in the US on a L or H1B visa.

We are all five in my family.Me, wife and three sons. How to fill up 1-134 affidavit of support form? We need submit a separate forms at interview?

You're not responsible for filling out the I-134. You send the form to your sponsor in the US who will fill it out and send it back to you with the needed supporting documents and you present this at the time if your interview. You don't need separate affidavit for each member of the family, only the principal applicant/selectee is required to present an affidavit, however it is okay to make several copies of this same affidavit for your case if you want to.

thank you.

You're not responsible for filling out the I-134. You send the form to your sponsor in the US who will fill it out and send it back to you with the needed supporting documents and you present this at the time if your interview. You don't need separate affidavit for each member of the family, only the principal applicant/selectee is required to present an affidavit, however it is okay to make several copies of this same affidavit for your case if you want to.

thank you.

Hi Rnagan8001

I heard this from the people, But you can send an email to Sri Lanka US embassy for more detail.

Website they did not mention

Education: The minimum educational requirement is the successful completion of 3 GCE A-level subjects, not including General English. In compliance with U.S. immigration regulations, completion of 6 GCE O-level subjects is no longer sufficient to qualify for the DV program.

Do you have work experience?

Thanks Idea Mani,

I also have Diploma in Technology(D.Tech) Open university of Srilanka-Nawala. Is it enough?

Work experience also i have but some one said that rout is very difficult, is it true?

Hi Rnagan8001

You prepare for work experience, You can submit both work and educational qualification so, you will entitle for any of the case.

Actually, AL (Grade 12) Education is more than enough AS KCC requirement but Sri Lanka embassy listed that you should have 3 passes in AL excluding English (English subject Pass is not count).

I feel you should be OK with your education, anyhow have your experience also prepared.

Hi Guys,

What you guys answer for Vaccination question in DS260. I answered YES, will it be a problem at the interview. But i m expecting to get the documents on Vaccination before the interview.

Tnx