• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV2010 Education Requirements

Martin_007

Registered Users (C)
I have a question regarding the Education requirement to enter the DV2010.

In the education system of my African country, there are two paths: long and short:
• The long path is 13 years of school: 6 years of elementary school +7 years of secondary school. This is a more general curriculum that prepares students for university. A High School degree is awarded at the end of the 13th year if successfully completed.

• The short path is 12 years of school: 6 years of elementary school + 6 years of secondary school. It is oriented toward preparing student for the job market with a technical formation. A technical diploma is awarded at the end of the 12th year if successfully completed.

Does the short path meet the requirement for the DV2010 entry giving it covers 12 years of school?

Thank you very much for your help.

There seems to some confusuion here. What is required is a 12 year high school degree which would qualify you to enter college in the US..or you need a vocational degree(don't know the details of that one).
The question really is: Would your degree qualify you to enter college in the US?

Hi drakhorse,
Thanks for your reply.
That is the million dollar question! Could my 12 years diploma considered a vocational degree?

Thanks,

Thanks Rom@n.

Helpful information. That means in my case I can not claim a vicational degree.
What education level, do you think, I should select in the entry form?

Thanks

I guess you have read the posts of raevsky and Tazmania in another thread you posted messages too.

You have 12 years of education but you are not able to attend a university.
I would mark High School degree. BUT in case you win and do the interview it may/might happen that you will be disqualified.
Why don´t try to call the embassy and try to find out. Or contact the guys mentioned in the threads I posted as links.