• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv Marriage

Aykhan

Hi all,

İ married 1th october but i filled DV form at 18th october as single. Now i won Green Card, i dont now what i can do? İn this situation my wife can get Green Card or?

If you were married at the time of your application but lied and said you were single you will be denied

If you were married at the time of your application but lied and said you were single you will be denied
Automatically i field DV form bcs i couldnt adapt to the marriage :) and after that i think that i couldnt won GC :( and question : i precisely denied or i have a chance nd i must to go interwiev?

Automatically i field DV form bcs i couldnt adapt to the marriage :) and after that i think that i couldnt won GC :( and question : i precisely denied or i have a chance nd i must to go interwiev?

Reason for selecting single when you were already married is irrelevant. This is an automatic denial. There’s no wiggle room around it.

If you followed the link from your selection letter you will get to https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ur-iv-and-alien-registration-application.html :

Important note: If you had a spouse or children prior to submitting your original entry, but you did not include them on your original entry form, then your case will be disqualified at the time of your visa interview. Neither you nor any of your family members will receive visas. For more information, see the DV Instructions.

I have a few questions on the same topic. I have finally been selected for DV2020 after 6 attempts, my CN is 2020EU00032XXX. Back in October I applied as single (which accurately described my marital status back then). After finding out that I have been selected, I decided with my gf to rush our wedding plans a year ahead of schedule and go ahead with the civil ceremony on 05.06.19.

Q1. What we don't know yet is if we should rush to send the DS-260 forms the very next day, with our marital status as "married" adding her old passport-nr that figures her maiden name, or if it would be best to wait until aprox. 20th-25th of June until she received her new ID and passport. I have no idea if her old passport would still be considered valid by KCC/USCIS if she changed her name a day before or not and I wouldn't want to get disqualified for a technicality.
Q2. How long does it generally take for a CN to be fully processed by KCC (DS-260, 2NL, submitted document verification, etc.) ?

Judging from what I have been reading on this forum and others I am inclined to wait, since we wouldn't be among the first ones to get scheduled for an interview anyway. But considering that many people seem to have been selected with a CN in the high 40s in the EU this year... I suspect there might be big holes and that our interview might be scheduled way earlier then we expect (May-July 2020).