• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Lottery Photo Help

Hi Guys,

It'll be my first time participating in the DV Lottery this year so I wanna ask you if you've ever used online passport websites to get the digital picture?

I attached the images of the websites.

Hope to hear from someone.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Golden Apple - your post was edited by removing the attachments as they constitutes publicity for the referenced websites which is not allowed here. Allowing them could be misconstrued as an endorsement by this forum which is not the case.

Albania. I can't copy the website links on here because it's not allowed. I just want to know if anyone has ever used online services for passport pictures.
I’ve never heard of anyone using an online service, but as long as it meets the US-specific requirements I don’t see why it would be a problem. Can you ensure it does that?

I’ve never heard of anyone using an online service, but as long as it meets the US-specific requirements I don’t see why it would be a problem. Can you ensure it does that?
They say they do but I don't know. That's why I asked if anyone has had any experience.

You can use the tool on the dv website. if you can't do it by yourself, Why you just don't take the photo by a photographer?

Hi everyone,

I applied for the dv lottery this year and I took the digital picture by myself with my phone. Is the digital picture the same as a print size picture?

Now I'm confused about the requirements. I used the photo crop tool on the government's website and cropped my digital picture at 600×600 and used that for the lottery. But then I opened Gimp and it said it wasn't 600×600?!
Is it enough to use the photo crop tool on the government's website or should I have put the cropped picture on Windows or gimp to have a print size of 2×2 inches?

I saw britsimon's video on Youtube and he used Gimp to remove something on the background but then said to make sure to check if the picture is still 600×600 when using Gimp.

I appreciate any answers, thanks.

Hi everyone,

I applied for the dv lottery this year and I took the digital picture by myself with my phone. Is the digital picture the same as a print size picture?

Now I'm confused about the requirements. I used the photo crop tool on the government's website and cropped my digital picture at 600×600 and used that for the lottery. But then I opened Gimp and it said it wasn't 600×600?!
Is it enough to use the photo crop tool on the government's website or should I have put the cropped picture on Windows or gimp to have a print size of 2×2 inches?

I saw britsimon's video on Youtube and he used Gimp to remove something on the background but then said to make sure to check if the picture is still 600×600 when using Gimp.

I appreciate any answers, thanks.
You said you used the photo tool on the website so I'm sure it will be fine .. but regardless of that, your entry is submitted there is absolutely nothing you to do about that photo you submitted so sit back, relax and wait until the lottery is drawn in May