• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV LOTTERY FY22 - GRANTED ASYLUM

stevoadam

Hello
I won the DV lottery for FY22.
I was supposed to apply for adjustment of status in June 2022, but I was out of status at the time.

On September 12, I received Status - asylum granted and filed Form I485.

While I understand there isn't much time left, does anyone think USCIS will contact me for an interview?

DV fees paid and receipt received by KCC; now waiting for a response from USCIS.

@Sm1smom

Yes
I field for the DV based on AOS. I made the DV visa fees $330 and also paid the $1225 for I485 that I sent in parallel.

So why wouldn't they invite me for an interview?

Hello
I won the DV lottery for FY22.
I was supposed to apply for adjustment of status in June 2022, but I was out of status at the time.

On September 12, I received Status - asylum granted and filed Form I485.

While I understand there isn't much time left, does anyone think USCIS will contact me for an interview?

DV fees paid and receipt received by KCC; now waiting for a response from USCIS.
Am I understanding correctly you only filed your DV based AOS on 12 September? Even if that was the received date by uscis and not the date you sent it in, it’s just too late. Things don’t move anywhere near that fast. Have you even done biometrics yet?

Am I understanding correctly you only filed your DV based AOS on 12 September? Even if that was the received date by uscis and not the date you sent it in, it’s just too late. Things don’t move anywhere near that fast. Have you even done biometrics yet?
You got it right, Susie

They already have my biometric from my asylum earlier.

I'm still waiting for the I-485 receipt and letter of invitation for the interview..

You got it right, Susie

They already have my biometric from my asylum earlier.

I'm still waiting for the I-485 receipt and letter of invitation for the interview..
You don’t even have the receipt notice yet, so you can’t have confirmation they will reuse your bio. I am really not sure how or why you thought you were going to be able to successfully complete an entire aos process from start to finish in two weeks. It normally takes minimum a couple of months. Sorry, I can’t see it happening. (And tbh you’d probably have been denied because you have evidently been out of status in the past anyway.)

You don’t even have the receipt notice yet, so you can’t have confirmation they will reuse your bio. I am really not sure how or why you thought you were going to be able to successfully complete an entire aos process from start to finish in two weeks. It normally takes minimum a couple of months. Sorry, I can’t see it happening. (And tbh you’d probably have been denied because you have evidently been out of status in the past anyway.)
They already informed me they are using my previous bio.

So once the receipt is released they will send an invitation for an interview?

They already informed me they are using my previous bio.

So once the receipt is released they will send an invitation for an interview?
When did they notify you of that? I’m curious, because I’ve never heard of someone being notified that before they even get the receipt. Did you get an sms of I485 acceptance even though you haven’t got the physical receipt yet?
anyway this process goes something like this. Your i485 arrives with piles of others at the lockbox. Someone sorts them out and you get a receipt. Then there is second sorting to go to the applicable FO. Then it ends up in a pile at the FO, who knows how big that pile is. Someone goes through that pile and sorts them out by type of petition. So, if the i485 happens to already be at the FO and if whoever is going through the pile reaches yours before the end of the FY and if they see that yours is a DV and is current now, they may be super proactive and look to see if somehow a space has opened up because someone canceled an interview in the few days left of the fiscal year (because most if not all available slots at most FOs are booked up weeks ahead) . If all that happens in time, then maybe you will get an invitation to interview. But don’t forget there are still background checks to run (i know you had asylum approved but it is a different background check for a green card afaik). Then the IO will need to get your asylum documents to check that case (and this is where I think you’d likely be denied for going out of status even if you had time because DV is subject to all the usual bars to adjustment). Anyway IF all that happens and you still get approved you’ll be ok. But it sounds to me like an awful lot of ifs to happen within the next 5 days.

1. How did they inform you they will be using your previous bio information? Did you get the notice by mail or an agent informed you about this?
2. If an agent informed you, how were you able to follow up and obtain the information if you’re yet to receive the NOA receipt since filing your AOS application?
3. Which FO has jurisdiction over your case?

Sending in the AOS package or/plus making the applicable payment does not automatically equate to being invited for an interview or case approval before the FY ends. As to why they wouldn’t or may not invite you for an interview (before the end of your applicable afY), that largely depends on several factors such as you clearing the required background check in a timely manner before the FY comes to an end, when your FOs receives your AOS application from the NBC, the workload of the IO assigned to your case and their willingness to push yours ahead of the pile of all the other pending applications received before yours, the time required for them to investigate your eligibility to process AOS considering you were once out of status, the FO’s receipt of your KCC file, etc.

1. How did they inform you they will be using your previous bio information? Did you get the notice by mail or an agent informed you about this?
2. If an agent informed you, how were you able to follow up and obtain the information if you’re yet to receive the NOA receipt since filing your AOS application?
3. Which FO has jurisdiction over your case?

Sending in the AOS package or/plus making the applicable payment does not automatically equate to being invited for an interview or case approval before the FY ends. As to why they wouldn’t or may not invite you for an interview (before the end of your applicable afY), that largely depends on several factors such as you clearing the required background check in a timely manner before the FY comes to an end, when your FOs receives your AOS application from the NBC, the workload of the IO assigned to your case and their willingness to push yours ahead of the pile of all the other pending applications received before yours, the time required for them to investigate your eligibility to process AOS considering you were once out of status, the FO’s receipt of your KCC file, etc.
Oh, i forgot FO receipt of kcc file in the list of things that needs to happen. One more if.