• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV I-485 and Employment based I-485

soniasingh

Registered Users (C)
Need your help!!!
I am winner of DV 2003 and my number is current now. But I have also received receipts for my employment based I-485, which was submitted on Nov. 2002. Do you think I should apply for DV based I-485? Or should I just wait for Employment based I-485 approval? Do you think I will be confusing INS (now BCIS)? Do you see any advantages for DV based AOS? Will there be any conflict with the Employment based AOS that was previously applied? Do you think I should inform my Employer and Employer's Lawyer regarding my intention to submit DV I-485?

Thanks and hoping to hear from you.

Sonia

Sonia:

I am in the same boat with you. I just do not know what to do after winning a lottery green card.
I have a wife in West Africa too.

DV lottery:
By my experience of DV-2000, you cannot trust on DV lottery, because after ending of fiscal year on Sept 30th, INS will tell you they ran out of numbers . In fact DV lottery is " illusion " if you are in USA already and try to adjust status here. Iam a victim of DV 2000.

Originally posted by hkhan1
DV lottery:
By my experience of DV-2000, you cannot trust on DV lottery, because after ending of fiscal year on Sept 30th, INS will tell you they ran out of numbers . In fact DV lottery is " illusion " if you are in USA already and try to adjust status here. Iam a victim of DV 2000.

I agree with you AOS is a nightmare.

Originally posted by hkhan1
DV lottery:

Hi Khan and pwdg,

I'm selected through DV 2003, and I am on the process of AOS. Your statement that you are victim of AOS makes me worry. What actually happen to you? Has you already filed your case or you still waited for your number to become current at that time? Which INS office did you go? Do INS always do this?

I appreciate your help.