• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV Expires or not? [ 2005 thingy]

janetgal

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

i am now in US for winnin DV-2009. Now, my bro, who is back at home and won dv-2005 but failed to use it at all heard it still could be used. I dont know anything about the 2005 thing, but in my case, it was sayin it is unusuable after Sep. 2009. My bro said he knew a guy who left wit an expired DV Lottery.

how true is that? I wanna confirm before we do any action?

After 6 months from the visa issue date if the winner has not travel to the U.S. that person loses the visa.

Impossible! it expires after a certain date. Did he even go forward with the process or just got the winning NL....not that it matters, when it expires it is void and nul and you have to start all over. Even if you have a GC and stay away to long from the US you risk for the GC to expire and have to start all over...you have to obey and play byt the rules...or better said, he has to...he won but now he loses...