• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2023 lottery

Tota

Hey!

I hope you are having a wonderful day!

1-I have a question about travel documents that are less than 6 months valid during the interview and can’t have a new one because the country I am in take many months or years to issue a new travel document. Is it possible to still be able to get the visa if it’s the government that is delaying my travel document?

2- Am I considered stateless because I have a travel document or not? My travel document states my nationality but I don’t know if all refugee travel documents are considered stateless regardless if they have their nationality written in it.

1. Here's the expectation with regards to the passport being presented at the time of the interview: "Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States, unless longer validity is specifically requested by the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your country. Please review the instructions for guidance" - admittedly this quote is from a page dealing with requirements for Immigrant Visa for a USC spouse, it nonetheless should be applicable to DV cases (they're both immigrant visas)

2. Being a refugee or having a travel document in place of a passport does not amount to being a stateless person per my understanding of DOS's definition of 'statelessness"

Hey!

I hope you are having a wonderful day!

1-I have a question about travel documents that are less than 6 months valid during the interview and can’t have a new one because the country I am in take many months or years to issue a new travel document. Is it possible to still be able to get the visa if it’s the government that is delaying my travel document?

2- Am I considered stateless because I have a travel document or not? My travel document states my nationality but I don’t know if all refugee travel documents are considered stateless regardless if they have their nationality written in it.
@Tota , which embassy will you be interviewing at?

1. Here's the expectation with regards to the passport being presented at the time of the interview: "Passport(s) valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States, unless longer validity is specifically requested by the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in your country. Please review the instructions for guidance" - admittedly this quote is from a page dealing with requirements for Immigrant Visa for a USC spouse, it nonetheless should be applicable to DV cases (they're both immigrant visas)

2. Being a refugee or having a travel document in place of a passport does not amount to being a stateless person per my understanding of DOS's definition of 'statelessness"

The general requirements for all immigrant visas are the same: https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...he-interview/step-11-applicant-interview.html

What to bring to the Interview​

…..
  • Passport – For each applicant, an unexpired passport valid for six months beyond the intended date of entry into the United States
  • ….