• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2022 and Estranged Children

Chocotale

Hi all, me and my husband are going to be applying for this year’s DV Lottery. He has an estranged 5 year old daughter that he doesn’t see but pays child support for(proven by DNA test). He is not listed on the birth certificate and the mother allows no contact at all. Do we have to include her on our application even though she wouldn’t be accompanying us to the States? If so, her mom has cut all contact and we have no way of obtaining a photograph of his daughter that will be accepted. How can we get around this? Also, does she have to be listed on my application too? Thanks all.

This is always a tough one but unfortunately the answer is yes, she has to be listed as both child for him and stepchild for you.

This is always a tough one but unfortunately the answer is yes, she has to be listed as both child for him and stepchild for you.
hi, thank you so much for replying. What can we do about the photograph? Her mother will never give it to us and we have no way of contacting her even if we wanted to try our luck.

hi, thank you so much for replying. What can we do about the photograph? Her mother will never give it to us and we have no way of contacting her even if we wanted to try our luck.
I’m sorry, I really don’t know what to suggest, that’s why it is so difficult. But you will be disqualified if you are selected and she’s not included.