• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021, passport requirement Venezuela

veronice

Hi, all. I have a tough question: with the current political situation in Venezuela, the President (recognized by USA) stated that all Venezuelan passports will be valid for 5 years past their expiration date. This, because Venezuelans in the exile are having really bad times trying to have a valid document.
USA recognizes this extension " for visa applications and entry into the United States (...)" So, for me it means that it would be valid to enter DV Lottery 2021.
But I would really like to know your opinion and if I'm right, how would people enter their expiration date in the application? Adding 5 years to the expiration date and that's it?
Thank you

Hi, all. I have a tough question: with the current political situation in Venezuela, the President (recognized by USA) stated that all Venezuelan passports will be valid for 5 years past their expiration date. This, because Venezuelans in the exile are having really bad times trying to have a valid document.
USA recognizes this extension " for visa applications and entry into the United States (...)" So, for me it means that it would be valid to enter DV Lottery 2021.
But I would really like to know your opinion and if I'm right, how would people enter their expiration date in the application? Adding 5 years to the expiration date and that's it?
Thank you

I think you are probably correct, but we don't really know for sure Vero. I suspect we won't know until someone tries to test that theory at an actual interview.

I think you are probably correct, but we don't really know for sure Vero. I suspect we won't know until someone tries to test that theory at an actual interview.
Wow! Do you think is a good idea to write our embassy's Twitter account and ask them?