• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 Oceania- Fiji

Oscarkvt

Bula Vinaka and Hello!

A friend of mine had already been scheduled an interview that was set to take place in June. Unfortunately, here in Fiji cases of COVID-19 has been rising. The government however has made it clear that there will be no severe lockdowns and has announced last month that many non high risk businesses can reopen. My friend has emailed the U.S Embassy here numerous times and they keep saying that consular services are either still suspended or postponed. Two weeks ago he emailed and they said “Visa services are limited to the processing of immigrant visas for the spouse and minor children of U.S citizens at present” he has been checking the backlog numbers and if the source he checked is right, there are 100+ cases waiting at the U.S Embassy in Fiji for interviews. He’s only been told that they will reach out to reschedule but are not specifying a date. What he is worried about is there is less than 3 months left till September 30th. Is there anyone that has received an update from the embassy themselves regarding their rescheduled date for interview? My friend was supposed to be interviewed in June but it was cancelled and postponed to an unspecified later date because of the COVID cases rising but businesses are being allowed to reopen as long as they adhere to COVID-19 Safety Protocols.
If anyone would like to share anything relevant please feel free to reply to this post.
Vinaka

Hi there.....I am not really sure but a friend of mine was rescheduled for an interview in September....you could maybe wait it out there is still time its july and your friend just needs to be reschedule...may get that....

Hi Guys, I was initially supposed to attend my interview on May but due to covid it was postponed. They emailed today that consular services are now resumed so let’s see. I’m bit worried abt my medical as it was already done in March, I guess I will have to do again. Any one else here experiencing same as me? Let me know so we can discuss

Your medical will expire in September.....if u get reschdule before the date you got your medical done you should be fine I think....all the best gald the interviews resumed....

Your visa expiry will be the same as the medical expiry - so decide if you would be ready to get to the US by September

Any update for Fiji DV2021 interviews? Anyone here got any email from us embassy regarding their interview.

Bula Vinaka and Hello!

A friend of mine had already been scheduled an interview that was set to take place in June. Unfortunately, here in Fiji cases of COVID-19 has been rising. The government however has made it clear that there will be no severe lockdowns and has announced last month that many non high risk businesses can reopen. My friend has emailed the U.S Embassy here numerous times and they keep saying that consular services are either still suspended or postponed. Two weeks ago he emailed and they said “Visa services are limited to the processing of immigrant visas for the spouse and minor children of U.S citizens at present” he has been checking the backlog numbers and if the source he checked is right, there are 100+ cases waiting at the U.S Embassy in Fiji for interviews. He’s only been told that they will reach out to reschedule but are not specifying a date. What he is worried about is there is less than 3 months left till September 30th. Is there anyone that has received an update from the embassy themselves regarding their rescheduled date for interview? My friend was supposed to be interviewed in June but it was cancelled and postponed to an unspecified later date because of the COVID cases rising but businesses are being allowed to reopen as long as they adhere to COVID-19 Safety Protocols.
If anyone would like to share anything relevant please feel free to reply to this post.
Please contact 927 8110 so we can discuss the issue m also waiting gir interview

Your medical will expire in September.....if u get reschdule before the date you got your medical done you should be fine I think....all the best gald the interviews resumed....
Hi Sil, I’ve got my date for interview towards end of august. However since my medical will expire in September, does this mean I have to be in US by September or the medical should be valid till the interview date. Please do share if u have any knowledge on this

Hi Sil, I’ve got my date for interview towards end of august. However since my medical will expire in September, does this mean I have to be in US by September or the medical should be valid till the interview date. Please do share if u have any knowledge on this
If you cannot get to the US before the medical expires you might want to do another. The visa expiry is linked to medical expiry.

It's best to do a new medical....just to be on the safe side....

Any update for Fiji DV2021 interviews? Anyone here got any email from us embassy regarding their interview.

Bula,
I have yet to receive any email for my DV2021 interview. I emailed KCC a month ago enquiring about my case as it is still with KCC and they advised me that my case is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been schedule, I will then receive notification via email. No too sure who is responsible for scheduling interview and I'm a bit worried that I might not be scheduled since September is just around the corner.

Bula,
I have yet to receive any email for my DV2021 interview. I emailed KCC a month ago enquiring about my case as it is still with KCC and they advised me that my case is now current for interview processing. Once the interview date has been schedule, I will then receive notification via email. No too sure who is responsible for scheduling interview and I'm a bit worried that I might not be scheduled since September is just around the corner.
That email usually means that KCC are actively trying to schedule your case for an interview, assuming that the Embassy is taking interviews.

So if the Suva Embassy decides to take on more interviews for September, you can expect to see a 2NL soon.