• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

askalexny

I'd say try walk-in for bio before your interview day so you might save some time. I did a walk-in bio in Brooklyn a few weeks before my initial bio appointment, they didn't ask anything and just processed it.
I've already tried on 9/8. They refused to let me in. It might depend on the shift I guess.

DV21M

Just called the Ombudsman office and they have not assigned my case yet, but they do not expect for it to be resolved before the end of the FY.
Beyond frustrated at this point.

The New Orleans FO is still closed... for some reason I was hopeful they would reopen today.

miemie

I agree you should make it more like Blade's, nice and short. Additionally, don't use "AOS" because they might not know what that means. Write "adjustment of status". Also, don't tell them exactly how to help you, like "submitting an appointment inquiry". Instead tell them what you need (i.e. to get your interview, and to get your case adjudicated before the deadline). Also make sure that you explain the deadline clearly like in Blade's example. You only said "the DV fiscal year ends on September 30th". That won't mean anything to the staff in your congressperson's office. They probably know nothing about the DV lottery and have no idea that the end of the FY is a deadline for DV.

Finally, consider adding something emotionally appealing at the end. A one-liner, but something with a positive, optimistic tone - "It's my dream to become a permanent resident and eventually a US citizen - I am now at risk of losing my chance due to the deadline, and I would be forever grateful if you could help." I don't know if this will make a difference but I don't think it will hurt.
Thanks a lot for this!! I have incorporated your feedback in my inquiry that was send on Saturday.

miemie

Thank yo so much!

* I plan to take off days and do this. Thanks a lot for the advise!

* I notice on the spreadsheets that the Atlanta takes walk ins as well (please correct me if I am wrong), if Nashville and Memphis fail me that will be my next stop. And then Chicago.

* I have filled out the form on the senators website, they need to be mailed though, so I will send them tomorrow. I have shared what I wrote in, could you please help me review

* I think I will also try to walk in to an FO, what documents should I take with me?

I will sure try to stay alive!:)
I was able to do a bio walk in today at the Nashville ASC. Thank you so much for you advise.
I also sent a senator inquiry on Saturday to see if they can help me schedule a FO interview.
While I wait to hear from them I was wondering what else I need to do to expedite getting an interview.
THANKS!!

miemie

That's a very good news! Could you detail what you have done so far to follow-up regarding the interview?
1. So I had been in contact with the congressman office back and forth in the past two weeks, but they said they couldn't help me schedule an interview appointment with USCIS. Do you think I should go there in person?
2. On Saturday, I sent a privacy release form by mail to the senator (priority mail) and a mail to the USCIS Field office. Do you think sending a mail to the FO office will be helpful? if yes, I could send another one to the Memphis FO.
3. I called the senator office this morning and asked to see them in person - talked to the receptionist. It sounds like they are going to make me fill the privacy release form again, but I thought I would go there and make sure I have submitted it in person.

Blade_

1. So I had been in contact with the congressman office back and forth in the past two weeks, but they said they couldn't help me schedule an interview appointment with USCIS. Do you think I should go there in person?
2. On Saturday, I sent a privacy release form by mail to the senator (priority mail) and a mail to the USCIS Field office. Do you think sending a mail to the FO office will be helpful? if yes, I could send another one to the Memphis FO.
3. I called the senator office this morning and asked to see them in person - talked to the receptionist. It sounds like they are going to make me fill the privacy release form again, but I thought I would go there and make sure I have submitted it in person.
1. So you asked them to help you to schedule an interview because there are only 10 days left from the FY and they said no? Then going there won't help either. Work with the state senators. Usually asking multiple elected officials is not a good idea, but given that there are only 10 days left it might not make any differences to ask both the senators in your state. Mom may have a different idea.
2. Which FO has jurisdiction over your case? I don't have any ideas regarding sending mails but definitely don't send mails to the other FOs.
3. I would have waited a day before following up as I mentioned here. Let them receive your request first.

miemie

1. So you asked them to help you to schedule an interview because there are only 10 days left from the FY and they said no? Then going there won't help either. Work with the state senators. Usually asking multiple elected officials is not a good idea, but given that there are only 10 days left it might not make any differences to ask both the senators in your state. Mom may have a different idea.
2. Which FO has jurisdiction over your case? I don't have any ideas regarding sending mails but definitely don't send mails to the other FOs.
3. I would have waited a day before following up as I mentioned here. Let them receive your request first.
1. Alright, I won’t go to the congressman office.
2. I believe the Nashville FO, that’s the one nearest to me
3. I just came from the senator’s office. They made me fill out the form I mailed on Saturday and had me fill out an other form specific for immigration issues (was not on their website). Their immigration person was not at the office today, but they said they will get back to me on tomorrow.

Blade_

1. Alright, I won’t go to the congressman office.
2. I believe the Nashville FO, that’s the one nearest to me
3. I just came from the senator’s office. They made me fill out the form I mailed on Saturday and had me fill out an other form specific for immigration issues (was not on their website). Their immigration person was not at the office today, but they said they will get back to me on tomorrow.
2. Enter your zip code here to find your local FO (bottom of the page).
3. Fingers crossed!

Blade_

@miemie Have you called the USCIS number and talked to tier 1 or tier 2 officers yet? You can ask them to submit an inquiry on your behalf to your FO.

crazycatlover

Hello @Spider10, I see that you successfully interviewed in VA and your case was approved! Congrats! Could you please share how your interview went and what is your status precisely? Whether you applied for political asylum while you still had a valid non-immigrant status, whether you were still in valid non immigrant status at the time of filing I-485 or Interview.. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

DV21M

I was just told by EMMA that the 72 hours call back refers not to 3 days but 72 working hours, so 9 working days... can someone confirm or deny this? Usually they call me back really quickly but they are taking their sweet time this time around.

Abdulmalik

I was just told by EMMA that the 72 hours call back refers not to 3 days but 72 working hours, so 9 working days... can someone confirm or deny this? Usually they call me back really quickly but they are taking their sweet time this time around.
We tried to schedule infopass today explain everything but we got refused .
we have been told to wait !?

DV21M

Okay, New Orleans field office is closed because their floor has issues… Does anyone here know anything about fixing flooring? Imma help my USCIS friends out lol
Seriously though… AAAGGGHHHH
I’m gonna get me a venti chocolate milk at Starbucks to ease the frustration.

Machidargos

Okay, New Orleans field office is closed because their floor has issues… Does anyone here know anything about fixing flooring? Imma help my USCIS friends out lol
Seriously though… AAAGGGHHHH
I’m gonna get me a venti chocolate milk at Starbucks to ease the frustration.
Because their floor has issues... :eek::eek::eek: