• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

VValod

1. I-485 may be submitted without the medical report with the intent of taking it along to the interview or responding to an RFE should one be issued for the medical report.
2. Again, form I-485 cannot be filed online.
in theory you can also send medical AFTER the 485, but from all the info I read on the internet, you better hold on to it until your interview date. With only two weeks left, I am not sure they would have time to schedule the interview before October 1

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
in theory you can also send medical AFTER the 485, but from all the info I read on the internet, you better hold on to it until your interview date. With only two weeks left, I am not sure they would have time to schedule the interview before October 1
Yes of course, I’m aware of that option also. The potential issues associated with that option which you listed is precisely why I did not mention it in the first place.

Blade_

Good news to share! This afternoon I missed a call from my FO. I was like, this is not true, call from USCIS on Saturday? anyway frantically tried to return the call but could not get through, needed the extension number. I quickly checked my online status and it had changed to "New Card being produced" the best news of the day ever!

From my previous posts here, this has been a rollercoaster journey. My work requires that I travel on short notice, and I did that twice without AP when my application (submitted in May) was pending. After my return in July, I posted here and I remember MOM saying " big mistake traveling while case is pending." I already had appointments in August for BM and IL issued from pending case submitted in May, which of course would be considered abandoned. I went ahead and submitted new application mid Aug, which was accepted 3 days later. Last week of August had interview for first case submitted and same week received NBC letter stating my BM from previous case will be used for new application but fee will not be refunded. I was supposed to travel again on humanitarian call just before the interview, I made this clear to the IO, he said I should ask for AP, meanwhile he would be requesting file from KCC and expedite my second application file from NBC...he could see see my second application online. I left the office unsure of what to do.

After the interview, I made an infopass and asked for AP for urgent humanitarian travel to the Middle East. Appointment was set and I was issued AP for 60 days (at no cost, God bless their hearts!) the first week of September. At that point I had not heard back from FO about interview decision. I traveled a week later.. While on travel mode, I was getting anxious, therefore yesterday made a congressional inquiry.

So grateful for all insights on this forum, I have read comments, suggestions and stories that have always made settle down. Thank you all.
Congrats! Enjoy your new status!

PS: Would be helpful for future users if you add your timeline to the spreadsheet.

I’m going to try and rephrase
your responses (to help my train of thoughts):
1. All 3 DV based AOS applications (with you as the main applicant) are with the Sacramento FO. All three Asylum cases (with your husband as the main applicant) are with the San Francisco FO. His clarification is important as your previous posts seem to suggest your IO in Sacramento was waiting on your husband’s AOS case file from San Francisco. - It is normal for the asylum case file to be requested before a pending AOS application gets adjudicated.
4. My apologies for mis-stating your status as at the time you filed for Asylum, and thanks for correcting that. Yes you were still in an authorized status when you filed for asylum. However, when you filed for AOS, you no longer had a valid status to AOS from, which is the 2nd reason your initial rejection notice stated. To overcome that, you got issued with a RFE about your status at the end of your interview in August.
5. Back in July you stated over and over in this post that your Asylum case had been approved and that you already received the approval. Seems like you got an erroneously issued EAD card (which you should have contacted USCIS to get corrected by the way), is that what you were referring to as your asylum approval? Yes of course, your asylum case couldn’t have been approved if your husband, who is the main applicant is still pending.

Here’s what I think is going on with your case:
1. The San Francisco FO has not lost your husband’s asylum case file like you’re claiming, you got interviewed for that in May, they however haven’t made a decision on the asylum case.
2. Your IO is aware of the sunset clause associated with DV based AOS applications, some I’m sure he/she has not forgotten about your case. The 2 other cases initially denied with yours for early by the same FO have since been approved. Yours would have also been approved by now but for:
a - your being out of status when you filed for AOS - most IOs do not consider “Asylum-Pending” to be a valid status to AOS from. Your IO needs some time to review the response you sent with the regards to the RFE you got issued with.
b - the Sacramento IO needs to review your husband’s asylum case file to confirm it was a meritorious filing and not simply a frivolous application to keep you in the US until your DV CN became current to enable you file for AOS.
3. I believe the more you write/try to contact the IO unsolicited, the more you’re likely to piss him/her off (already evidenced by your returned mail in which you stated they’ve told you to not contact them unsolicited). You could inadvertently cause the IO to make a decision to deny your case(if he/she was learning towards approving it despite he/she not considering asylum-pending to be a valid status). If they feel unnecessarily pressured with requests for your case coming from several places, they may decide to deny and get it over with.
4. Your case is not quite straightforward, so my final thought is for you to allow the process to take its course. Yes, I know you’ll most likely feel l have no idea what this approval means for your family and you can’t afford to not do anything at this point, the truth is the final outcome is really out of your control. Bottom line, I don’t feel you should continue writing to the IO. You could cause more damage than good to your case at this point. You may disagree with me of course and do what you feel is best for your case.
Yes, okay, I understand you. then I shouldn't go anywhere else. But I already sent a letter to the local office this morning and I can't anything to it. There just a request to consider my case before September 30.

I am also registered on the Russian-language forum the winnings with the expectation of asylum. And there are many endorsements of my case and even without going through the interview. And those who were interviewed on the AOS were not interrogated on asylum issues, their case was not asked for decisions they received who in three days, who within a week, I think it depends on the officer, but we apparently got an officer with experience in conducting interviews on asylums, so as the main applicant I am, but he was only interested in my husband's business ... the human factor ... many move only because of a loyal office to refugees in LA and SF
Thank you mom, for your answers and your time for us.

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Yes, okay, I understand you. then I shouldn't go anywhere else. But I already sent a letter to the local office this morning and I can't anything to it. There just a request to consider my case before September 30.

I am also registered on the Russian-language forum the winnings with the expectation of asylum. And there are many endorsements of my case and even without going through the interview. And those who were interviewed on the AOS were not interrogated on asylum issues, their case was not asked for decisions they received who in three days, who within a week, I think it depends on the officer, but we apparently got an officer with experience in conducting interviews on asylums, so as the main applicant I am, but he was only interested in my husband's business ... the human factor ... many move only because of a loyal office to refugees in LA and SF
Thank you mom, for your answers and your time for us.
Good luck one way or the other with your cases.

Good luck one way or the other with your cases.
In any case, I am grateful to you for your chat, it is a very reliable and important support, which I trusted more than anyone I found on the Internet. Whatever the decision this will be my experience, I would regret it if I did not take the risk. It's a pity. that there is no standard law, but only the human factor, which decides your fate ... That in this status one is given a refusal to others ... As for asylum, some have a decision within 2 months for others and more than a year ... of course II understand if my husband's officer made a decision, then my probability would be much greater .... but I was really afraid that they had forgotten about us. they often lose people's cases, forgetting about them for years ...

VValod

Hi everyone!
12th of August. Today we had an interview at the Sacramento office. We were invited for 8-15, but we arrived 15 minutes earlier and were immediately allowed inside. We passed the check as an airport and we were sent to the second floor in window number 4, where they took our license, registered it and sent us to wait in room 220. It was a waiting room and there were already a lot of people there. In front of us, a couple was summoned to get married and they were immediately separated, my wife was not allowed to enter, although she tried twice, she was told to wait in the hall until she was called. We did not wait long, only 15 minutes, and an officer called us. My husband and I do not speak English and we got an interpreter on the speakerphone. we have taken an oath to speak only the truth. Although I am the main applicant, the officer interviewed my husband and asked questions not on the I-485 form, but on the case for political asylum. He asked about all the facts of arrests, dates and political activities. He just compared me and my daughter with simple questions that are in the form.
The entire interview took 2.5 hours. In the end, he said that he could not give us an answer because he needed to get our political asylum case and contact the KCC about paying for green cards, since I only had a check sent by them by e-mail, he did not take it and said that will ask for it himself.
I do not know if he will have time to receive our political asylum case and payment from the KCC by the end of September. The interview itself was calm and the officer was serious but friendly. He did not try to catch us, and in some moments he pointed out where we went wrong.
why would they do interview if the "other" case is still pending? seems like waste of time.

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
Beware, there’s someone sending private messages now trying to scam people (like we didn’t have enough on our plates) and offering certain services…
Moran-something. I reported and blocked, but just so y’all are aware.
What is the full username for this person? Can you copy and paste the message they sent you to this thread?

DV21M

What is the full username for this person? Can you copy and paste the message they sent you to this thread?
Username was: moranrad038
Message was:
hеy) Еmilly, 25, fеmаlе. Frоm USА. Writе mе оnly in КIK mеssеngеr fоr frее sеx chаt, my usеrnаmе: emi9541

I must say, Emily needs to learn how to read the room lol

Rudolf19

We have received our green cards a few days ago. I would like to thank the members of this forum, especially Mom and Susie, for making this process much easier and less stressful. Also, separate thanks to the Seattle folks who continuously entered the timeline info into the spreadsheet. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Sm1smom

Super Moderator
We have received our green cards a few days ago. I would like to thank the members of this forum, especially Mom and Susie, for making this process much easier and less stressful. Also, separate thanks to the Seattle folks who continuously entered the timeline info into the spreadsheet. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
Congratulations.

shishito

Hello everyone,

I’m a DV 2021 winner and has submitted my AOS application rather late - it was received by Chicago Lockbox on August 11th, 2021.
Given that my FO is Brooklyn, NY I was very afraid that I want be able to get my biometrics and interview appointments on time. But happily I got it - on the same day. It is scheduled for 9/23 - first interview in the morning and than biometrics at 2pm.

What do you think - is there still enough time after interview and biometrics to be approved before 9/30?

And 2 more questions.

With my interview notice I received a document called “Diversity Visa I-485 Attachments”, that states what evidence should I bring with me. Among others it says about my medical form. But I have already sent it with my initial application. Does that mean that they have lost it or is this letter just a standard form?

And question about financial evidence. It is hard for me to get Affidavit of Support, but I am able to bring an Offer of employment to the interview. Is it still good enough? Or are there any requirements for the company that makes that offer?

Thank you all in advance!
I'd say try walk-in for bio before your interview day so you might save some time. I did a walk-in bio in Brooklyn a few weeks before my initial bio appointment, they didn't ask anything and just processed it.