• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2019 - How long does initial selection take?

Hi all,

So DV 2019 selections started today at 12pm ET.

Does anyone know how long do the initial selections take? Should winners have found out already if they were selected, or does it normally take a couple of days / weeks?

I checked my DV 2019 entrant status today, which says: "the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing" :(

I'm not sure I understand what you are asking....do you mean how long those who registered have to check if they were selected?
That would be for the entire 2019 period which runs to Sep 2019. However, of course it makes sense not to wait that long as you could be missing out in case you were in fact selected. I am sorry to hear that you were not.

@OnTheGo I understand that applicants can check their entry up from today until Sept 2019.

What I'm asking is, when do the winners usually find out? All on the first day? Or in small numbers over the 16 month period?

Should everyone who has won / been selected have found out by now? I haven't seen single post on the Internet or social media yet from a winner...

List of winners and none winners have been released, actual winners begin to find out from day one, and there are several selectees already in this forum and some others. You’ve not been selected like your confirmation number already shows.

@Sm1smom Thanks for the advice.

When you say "list of winners have been released" Is this a public list? Or do you mean an internal / private list has been produced by the government and they are now advising winners via the entrant check website?

When you say "list of winners have been released" Is this a public list? Or do you mean an internal / private list has been produced by the government and they are now advising winners via the entrant check website?

There is no public list. People check on the ESC page. That's all.

Online on the ESC page where you and millions of others who entered the lottery are checking from.