• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2018 EU Selectees

Hey,

just a quick question. If you are selected for DV 2018 and haven't received an invitation for an interview yet, are you going to apply for DV 2019? Will it affect the current application? Thanks

Hey,

just a quick question. If you are selected for DV 2018 and haven't received an invitation for an interview yet, are you going to apply for DV 2019? Will it affect the current application? Thanks

Applying for DV2019 has no impact on DV2018 selection. Putting in for DV2019 is a good idea.

Regarding timing, the number doesn't determine when in a month you interview, just which month. As for prediction, Dec/Jan could be about right - but wait and see. Processing is a little different this year.

Reviewing the last 2 bulletins, I am 90% sure our interview will either come on February or on March though I am more incline to believe March is a better prediction. Lets see the next bulletin...

Your number is not high, and is "safe".

Your interview will be early 2018.

Your issued visa will have an expiry date of 6 months after the medical.

Haven't heard anything yet but it's still pretty early I imagine. Just want to confirm that when it comes to the interview - they contact you right? It's not like the selection process where you have to login and find the details is it?

Haven't heard anything yet but it's still pretty early I imagine. Just want to confirm that when it comes to the interview - they contact you right? It's not like the selection process where you have to login and find the details is it?

Yes and no. You should get an email telling you the selection page is updated, but you need to log into the selection page to see it updated with the interview details. Sometimes the email goes into junk folders and people don’t realize their interview is scheduled until they log in. Is your number current?

Yes and no. You should get an email telling you the selection page is updated, but you need to log into the selection page to see it updated with the interview details. Sometimes the email goes into junk folders and people don’t realize their interview is scheduled until they log in. Is your number current?

Sorry, not sure what you mean by current. My case umber is 2018EU00014XXX

Sorry, not sure what you mean by current. My case umber is 2018EU00014XXX

Current is when your case number is eligible for interview. (Yours isn’t yet.) May I suggest you pop over to the britsimonsays website and do some reading up on the basics... it would be a real shame if you missed the interview not knowing when your number is current and the email goes astray - this is rare but has happened.

@Britsimon Hello Brit hope all is well , i asked this question before but i just want to make sure. Its about the interview i told you that the Prishtina embassy at the time when i was completing DS-260 wasnt processing DV Visas , so the only option as its shown in the picture was SKOPJE MACEDONIA i did that , but now the Embassy of Prishtina is processing DV VISA , i asked you if i need to contact KCC or my embassy you said that the interview will automatically take place in the nearest place that issues DV Visa so now i wanna make sure is that correct or should i do something about it. Thank you for everything!!

Attachments

• Interview Location.png
    Interview Location.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 14
@Britsimon Hello Brit hope all is well , i asked this question before but i just want to make sure. Its about the interview i told you that the Prishtina embassy at the time when i was completing DS-260 wasnt processing DV Visas , so the only option as its shown in the picture was SKOPJE MACEDONIA i did that , but now the Embassy of Prishtina is processing DV VISA , i asked you if i need to contact KCC or my embassy you said that the interview will automatically take place in the nearest place that issues DV Visa so now i wanna make sure is that correct or should i do something about it. Thank you for everything!!

May I politely ask why you keep repeating questions right after saying they have already been answered here?

You can contact KCC if you want.

Hi everyone! First of all, huge congratulations to all. :)

New here so just checking in on this thread. DV2018 EU selectee with CN 182** so we're still patiently waiting to become current. Looks like it'll almost certainly be May.

Last edited:
Yes, from the looks of it it might be early May. Though you should never lose faith on April either, maybe they will accelerate the pace
Best of luck!

Yes, from the looks of it it might be early May. Though you should never lose faith on April either, maybe they will accelerate the pace
Best of luck!

Thanks! My husband is the Primary, and he is qualifying with Work Experience as his education is a (Canadian) GED, so we've got a bit more complex case, but I have faith the CO will find his experience ample.

Any date prediction for case number 29XXX? Based on the trend, when do you think it will be current?

My wife can't wait anymore, we are psychologically affected badly from unknown waiting time, we want to take an important step in our life, I keep tell her let's wait until this date then each visa bulletin is another disappointment :( I don't know what to tell her anymore. If we won't be able to get the visa, it will be really tough for us.

Guys, how much chance we got?

Thank you for this great community you built!

Any date prediction for case number 29XXX? Based on the trend, when do you think it will be current?

My wife can't wait anymore, we are psychologically affected badly from unknown waiting time, we want to take an important step in our life, I keep tell her let's wait until this date then each visa bulletin is another disappointment :( I don't know what to tell her anymore. If we won't be able to get the visa, it will be really tough for us.

Guys, how much chance we got?

Thank you for this great community you built!

In an earlier post you mentioned 2018EU28XXX as your number.

As for the psychological stress. Yes, waiting sucks, but waiting with EU28XXX is a hell of a lot easier than waiting with EU38XXX - so count your blessings and remember everyone is in the same boat.

Finally, as a suggestion, tell your wife you are safe but it will be a September interview. Hopefully it will beat that, but in any case you will have given her a clear month rather than leaving her in the dark.

Last edited:
In an earlier post you mentioned 2018EU28XXX as your number.

As for the psychological stress. Yes, waiting sucks, but waiting with EU28XXX is a hell of a lot easier than waiting with EU38XXX - so count your blessings and remember everyone is in the same boat.

Finally, as a suggestion, tell your wife you are safe but it will be a September interview. Hopefully it will beat that, but in any case you will have given her a clear month rather than leaving her in the dark.

Sorry, I forgot to include the region, yes it's EU as you already figured it out. CN is 28XXX. I couldn't edit the post, I was too late :/

Thank you for your suggestion! I feel much better now.