• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Winners from South Africa

Hey bud! Great to see you on there too!! Gutted you didn't win this year! :/
I'm starting to think Tarka and I are the only ones, which is impossible. So where's everyone else? Very odd!

:) A friend in in NY told me about a SA lady he knows living in Canada that also won. So 3 confirmed SA winners. I wonder is there is a winner from SA that lives in SA? We still have hope to get lucky, we will not give up. We have family and many friends already living in the States.

Is she online here too? It's really bizarre no one else has crept out of the woodwork to ask questions. These forums are so valuable!

Spend this year saving and getting any outstanding documents requested and put them in a safe. Honestly when the "yes" comes through your life is chucked into a massive table drier and you can't get off to slow down. There's so many things to think of and plan.

Not sure if she is online here. To get all the docs are easy, we already have it all but the police clearance. No point in getting it in advance. When we applied for unabridged birth certificates about 3 months ago it only took 2 weeks to get them. We just short that low AF number now... :):):) Maybe next time.....
And YES, this forum is fantastic!!!

What's yo
Not sure if she is online here. To get all the docs are easy, we already have it all but the police clearance. No point in getting it in advance. When we applied for unabridged birth certificates about 3 months ago it only took 2 weeks to get them. We just short that low AF number now... :):):) Maybe next time.....

What's your CN?

Keep trying bushbaby! It has to happen to someone so you never know when it's your turn. :)

Oh are they? My bad! I saw 2015! :D

So where is everyone hiding?

Out of interest, does it say how many people from SA applied?

Oh are they? My bad! I saw 2015! :D

So where is everyone hiding?

Out of interest, does it say how many people from SA applied?

Saffers tend to stick to the other forum you keep popping up on ;), seems you the only winner over there too:D:D:D

535 is a low number for SA. If you look at the forums overall, there is generally a tiny % of the 50k winners who end up on them. Even on SAUSA, in past years where it was more like 1000 winners, you'd get maybe somewhere in the teens in terms of numbers who post... There will be more as the year goes on but don't expect hundreds of people to chat to!!

Saffers tend to stick to the other forum you keep popping up on ;), seems you the only winner over there too:D:D:D

I know! But there's no action going on there so I skyfed! Ha ha! :D Both are helpful and make for square-eye-inducing reading. Now, If I could peel my eyes off researching this for a minute and actually go back to my REAL research (I'm doing psychology research) then that would be great. Lol!!!

535 is a low number for SA. If you look at the forums overall, there is generally a tiny % of the 50k winners who end up on them. Even on SAUSA, in past years where it was more like 1000 winners, you'd get maybe somewhere in the teens in terms of numbers who post... There will be more as the year goes on but don't expect hundreds of people to chat to!!

I wonder if a lot of people that apply and win are those that don't have regular access to internet over there. Seems everyone is on prepay, and they try not to waste the little they have. I could be completely wrong of course. Maybe it's also that in SA they aren't as tech-addicted and savvy as us over in westernised countries where people think it's normal to go to dinner with friends and chat on their iphones at the table (I don't by the way!) My point being I guess that certainly in the UK people are incredibly hooked on electronics and tech, and I've noticed that's not the case amongst friends back in SA. ;)

Haven't been on SAUSA since the weekend I think, maybe I should head over and see if anyone has come forward on there as winners. Fingers crossed. :D

I wonder if a lot of people that apply and win are those that don't have regular access to internet over there. Seems everyone is on prepay, and they try not to waste the little they have. I could be completely wrong of course. Maybe it's also that in SA they aren't as tech-addicted and savvy as us over in westernised countries where people think it's normal to go to dinner with friends and chat on their iphones at the table (I don't by the way!) My point being I guess that certainly in the UK people are incredibly hooked on electronics and tech, and I've noticed that's not the case amongst friends back in SA. ;)

Nah - same seems to happen in tech savvy countries too. There are about 1500 or so Aussie/kiwis every year too, as far as I know this forum is their main one and there are never more than around the teens, maybe twenties. I think us on forums tend to overstate the general interest in them ;). Also, a lot more people lurk than post.