• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 GHANA and Nigeria SELECTEE, MEET HERE

Ajiry

Registered Users (C)
Please, those who were selected for further processing in Ghana and Nigeria share your views, questions and experience on this thread.
Please let us make our US dream come true.

hi

Please, those who were selected for further processing in Ghana and Nigeria share your views, questions and experience on this thread.

thanks for the opportunity. i happen to be one of the winners of the 2013 DV lottery. i'm from Ghana and would like to make some few enquiries.

1. i wasn't married when i applied. i am married now and would want to add her to it. hope that wouldn't be a problem?
2. my wife is pregnant now is is due in November. what happens to the unborn child and when can i include him?
3. my passport expires in May next year but i know i may be going for my interview in January. can i use the same passport or i should change?
4. finally, question 39 of the DS 230 part II form is asking for the name of the petitioner. who is the petitioner?

thank you.

Good to see that at long last a winner is here to open the 2013 thread. Some of us will be visiting this thread to contribute from time to time.

thanks for the opportunity. i happen to be one of the winners of the 2013 DV lottery. i'm from Ghana and would like to make some few enquiries.

1. i wasn't married when i applied. i am married now and would want to add her to it. hope that wouldn't be a problem?
2. my wife is pregnant now is is due in November. what happens to the unborn child and when can i include him?
3. my passport expires in May next year but i know i may be going for my interview in January. can i use the same passport or i should change?
4. finally, question 39 of the DS 230 part II form is asking for the name of the petitioner. who is the petitioner?

thank you.
1. It wouldn't be a problem if it is a genuine marriage.
2. When your wife give birth after your interview, there are options available for you to get a visa for the child. A lot of threads about this issue can be found in this forum. I will refer you to some of them.
3. You cannot renew your passport when it has not expired. Find out if there is the possibility of changing it before you interview. Other than that, you can still maintain the current one but make sure you travel to the US before it expired.
4. Under dv, the petitioner is you (the lottery winner).

hi

2. When your wife give birth after your interview, there are options available for you to get a visa for the child. A lot of threads about this issue can be found in this forum. I will refer you to some of them.
3. You cannot renew your passport when it has not expired. Find out if there is the possibility of changing it before you interview. Other than that, you can still maintain the current one but make sure you travel to the US before it expired.

thanks for the response. i have just finished filling the DS 230 parts I and II. i just need a little clarification. i guess i can sign the part I but i'm not allowed to sign the part II?

thanks for the response. i have just finished filling the DS 230 parts I and II. i just need a little clarification. i guess i can sign the part I but i'm not allowed to sign the part II?

Yes, sign part I but leave part II as stated on the form.

You will sign the part II on the day of your interview.Keep in touch.Goodluck!

You will sign the part II on the day of your interview.Keep in touch.Goodluck!

@Ferdiii, i guess by now all those THOMAS the doubter in this forum would now seen that this year DV2013 results was mainly selected on majority of those applicants in the USA on F1,J1,H1B,H4 and some B1/B2 visas were mostly selected.Well let see the October 1st results how's going to be if positive or negative this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ferdiii, i guess by now all those THOMAS the doubter in this forum would now seen that this year DV2013 results was mainly selected on majority of those applicants in the USA on F1,J1,H1B,H4 and some B1/B2 visas were mostly selected.Well let see the October 1st results how's going to be if positive or negative this time.

My dear, there is no single truth any more. October 1st results? U believe it?

yes

my comfimation nomber and year of birth are correct but still am facing a problem to check my status

My junior Brother is also facing the same problem.
It may mean that you are among those who would be selected on 1st October.

My junior Brother is also facing the same problem.
It may mean that you are among those who would be selected on 1st October.

At any time,never had I a problem checking in & reconfirming my status even as of now;has he ever been successful?

About the Oct 1st selection,(not to dampen anyone's spirits),do they anticipate such a low turnout from the 105,xyz selected such as to warrant more selectees?
(Given what happened in Dv2007-8 for Africa with my high CN,prayers & more prayers).

My take is that they will gauge the response by looking at how many have submitted their DSP 230s so as to warrant a 2nd lot of winners.

On the other hand,I've noticed that the numbers are moving faster every year(I mean who would have thought all numbers would be current in June!!!!) so perhaps next year I could be current in April perhaps:cool:_perhaps the reason to add more selectees

Pls help

can some one help us plss. we have been yrying to check our status if i'm seletee or not but it keep on saying ''invaliad entry''.

kep on trying

can some one help us plss. we have been yrying to check our status if i'm seletee or not but it keep on saying ''invaliad entry''.

my junior brother is also facing the same problem.
May be you guys are among the Oct 1st selectee. Keep on trying and wait for Oct 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:

When all else fails,u may as well email KCC with ur query;for good measure,scan & attach the submission confirmation report.

KCCDV/Public Inquiry
Kentucky Consular Center
Support Contractor - Serco - NA
Phone: (606) 526-7500
Email: KCCDV@state.gov

Good luck..

Izhow Ghanaians & Nigerians,the silence is really LOUD given that between u guyz,u have some 11,423 selectees & going by the past years,you've been the pacesetters!!!!:confused:

Or everyone is on Nairaland:p

Just wondering........

Read visa instructions for US immigrants very carefully. It says the the passport MUST be valid for 6 months beyond the issuance date of the visa. Do not play around with this requirement. You can easily get denied because of this. It is a simple instruction but followed very strictly just like all other DV requirements. Simply obtain a new passport rather than regret later.

thank you.

Frank80, my first post was mearnt for you. If your interview is in Jan and passport expires in May, then you only have 4 months after issuance of the visa. Meaning you do not meet this requirement. So just get another passport.

Frank80, my first post was mearnt for you. If your interview is in Jan and passport expires in May, then you only have 4 months after issuance of the visa. Meaning you do not meet this requirement. So just get another passport.

Problem is, can your country issue you a new passport before the one you are currently holding expires?

Hi Folks,

My wife and I need your help!

My Fiance won the lottery her case number is AF00026*** was received in May 7 2012
We had done our traditional engagement in April 2012
She did not add me during her entry into the draw last year.
We have filled up the forms together with me as the husband and have added my two (2) children from previous marriage to follow.

My wife is currently in the University and I am a businessman with an MBA and a degree. What are our chances?

God bless you all