• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2012 winner who was previous J1 and not passed 2 years home residence.......Urgent help

Omarr

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys

I think myself in a proplem. I am a winner of DV2012. I have come back from the US in July 2010 as I was there for 6 months on J1 visa(exchange visitor). By mistake, I answered question#40J by no..........and the correct answer is yes as I did not pass two year home residence after I was an exchange visitor. Now I have sent my completed forms with the wrong answer to KCC....... What can I do????? Anyone can help please....

First of all make sure you're really subject to the 2-year home residency requirement. The DS-2019 should determine that (the visa stamp could be misleading).

If you ARE subject, see who was your sponsor: if it was the U.S. govt. (via Fulbright or other programs) then the chances to get a waiver are slim. But if it's not the U.S. govt you can do it.

But don't you think you get disqualified when you answer "yes" to the question? I read someone else waited for the waiver before sending the form back. We have a similar problem and will wait a few more weeks before sending everything in (already applied for the no objection statement from our government).