• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2008 case numbers for Europe

tigerGC

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I thought about starting this thread to keep track of case number for DV-2008 in Europe. Apparently 24,257 from Europe have been notified for DV-2007 it looks so far as if they may notify more people for DV-2008 we are already at 23xxx and they are going to send notifications until July. Maybe this means Europe will get more GC this year?

Please post your case number (e.g. 2008EU10XXX), place where NL was received (e.g. US, EU, or name of country) and date NL was received.

So far I have got myself 2008EU14XXX US, NL received May 4th
And from the forum i could find the following case numbers: 2008EU000069XX, 2008EU000023XXX, 2008EU87XX, 2008EU00019XXX, 2008EU00011xxx. No information on date and place NL was received.

I have 2008EU00010XXX and received my letter may 3rd in Denmark. It's not super low, but i've looked at the previous years bulletins and expect the interview to take place earliest in feburary and lates april 2008. So i might have a decent shot at getting a greencard (fingers crossed).

hi..

I am from serbia..CN- 2008DV000095XX..not so bad...actualy I have received the NL from Sweeden...city of Molme...like it was forwarded from KCC...with KCC envelope..etc...
received it on 02.05.2007. and case number was drown on 11.04.2007.

Hey Gudica, i've noticed the swedish post stamp aswell and wondered but since i live in Scandinavia, it made sense to me. But apparently it wasn't only NL for Scandinavia, which were sendt from Sweden. Go figure.

My sister-in-law got it here in USA on May 2, was mailed on April 26.
# EU00021xxx.
pretty high number. what do you guys think of her chances? I also don't understand why people say you have to mail back the forms to KCC as soon as possible. How will this speed up the things, since the case number is all that matters. Apparently cut off numbers are set from the very beginning in October. Looking at previous years it does not look like all numbers were "current" with the start of the year in October. I looked at prior years, and there were never such high cut off (more then 21000) even in September. Does this mean that she has no chance? Anybody have some idea? :confused:

My sister-in-law got it here in USA on May 2, was mailed on April 26.
# EU00021xxx.
pretty high number. what do you guys think of her chances? I also don't understand why people say you have to mail back the forms to KCC as soon as possible. How will this speed up the things, since the case number is all that matters. Apparently cut off numbers are set from the very beginning in October. Looking at previous years it does not look like all numbers were "current" with the start of the year in October. I looked at prior years, and there were never such high cut off (more then 21000) even in September. Does this mean that she has no chance? Anybody have some idea? :confused:

The number looks kind of high, but you never know. Plus right now we don't know how many NL they have sent for Europe, the highest number I have seen around was 23XXX maybe more are on the way. They are supposed to send letters out until July. If I was your sister in law I would give it a shot. Nothing to lose. Good Luck!!!!

Mine was also stamped from Sweden (delivered to me in the UK).

Hey Gudica, i've noticed the swedish post stamp aswell and wondered but since i live in Scandinavia, it made sense to me. But apparently it wasn't only NL for Scandinavia, which were sendt from Sweden. Go figure.

Hi guys. I'm from Switzerland and I received the NL on April 10, the date on the letter is March 20. CN: EU00003xxx.

Hey,
@Tamara and Roger have really low numbers, congrats on that. For the last two years the cut off was 3000/3400 in october, so my guess is that Igmu has a pretty good chance at getting an early interview aswell.

@Imgdoctor: Refering to your question why you should mail in the forms as quickly as possible. Reading through the board, some people experienced that higher numbers (sometimes numbers were considerable higher than their own, ) were picked before them for an interview. This leads to the assumptions, that KCC doesn't give out interviews 100% chronological and those you return early, might skip a few numbers. Again, this is only a theory. But because your sister in law has a high number, this is a chance i would take.

Thanks SSJ2305, i hope you are right on this one. She will send it ASAP and wait to see what happens. I will keep the board posted.
Good luck to all.

The highest case number I have seen so far for Europe is 2008EU00024XXX. Does anyone have a higher number?

I recieved it in US on April 23 (mailed April 20th), case number 2008EU11xxx, good luck to everybody!!!