• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV - 2005 - Question

Rotny

Registered Users (C)
Dear Sir / Madam,

My Wife is applying for her Green card through the Green card Lottery Program . My wife is a Malaysian Citizen and I am an Indian citizen . I would like to know if

"My Wife can apply for me , in the same application that she files for the Green
Card Lottery program . I understand that there is section for dependents in this
application form , But would like to confirm if it is possible for her to apply for
me as DEPENDENT as well , as I am an Indian citizen and Indians are not eligible to
apply for this program."

Thanking you

Rotny

You can add your name in your wife apllication

but You can apply seperatly on your wife behalf. This increases chance of winning. both of you can apply seperatly.

Hope this helps...

Originally posted by Rotny
Dear Sir / Madam,

My Wife is applying for her Green card through the Green card Lottery Program . My wife is a Malaysian Citizen and I am an Indian citizen . I would like to know if

"My Wife can apply for me , in the same application that she files for the Green
Card Lottery program . I understand that there is section for dependents in this
application form , But would like to confirm if it is possible for her to apply for
me as DEPENDENT as well , as I am an Indian citizen and Indians are not eligible to
apply for this program."

Thanking you

Rotny

Hello Rotny:
I think only your wife can submit and application. She can include you in her application. But you can not submit because you are from India. In the application envelop you need to state your country of citizenship. when KCC see that you are from India, you will immediately disqualify.
Hope this helps

Rotny

The RULE is:

When your wife applied (1st application) for DV lottery program,
did she include your name , DOB, POB on the application?

If she did , then your wife can apply for you as an spouse

But , if she did not print your name on the application , then you are not eligible for the visa..........so far I know this.

You should check this out with an attorney or just call the NVC & NVC is helpfull ....you can discuss with this

Good luck

Dear Sir / Madam,

My Wife is applying for her Green card through the Green card Lottery Program . My wife is a Malaysian Citizen and I am an Indian citizen . ..........

Hello Rotny:
Are you talking about applying for the green card after winning the lottery or are you talking about submitting DV 2005 lottery application to KCC? I am confused what you are trying to do?

Thanks for the response - Please clarify

Thanks for the response guys ,

My Wife is YET to apply for her GC Lottery program , I would like to get this clarified before we apply.

What I am hearing is that ,

1. There can only be one application submitted in her name and I can be her dependent , even though I am Indian Citizen

2. There cannot be 2 application submitted .

Please let me know if my understanding is right ??

Also , could anyone give me the phone number where I could get this clarified from the INS .

Thanks,
Rotny

Re: Thanks for the response - Please clarify

Thanks for the response guys ,

My Wife is YET to apply for her GC Lottery program , I would like to get this clarified before we apply.

What I am hearing is that ,

1. There can only be one application submitted in her name and I can be her dependent , even though I am Indian Citizen

I believe you are correct.

2. There cannot be 2 application submitted .

Yes. You can not submit two applications (legally). If you do and KCC find out that at the last step, you will not get the stamp on your passport.

Please let me know if my understanding is right ??

Also , could anyone give me the phone number where I could get this clarified from the INS .

I do not know if INS can verify this info or not. DV is a state dept matter and INS is not BCIS and is different. You may want to ask your questions from KCC. you can reach them at (606) 526-7500.

good luck.

Thanks,
Rotny
I believe you are correct.