• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

dv-2002 and uncertain/please advise.

lidy

I was notified as a DV-2002 winner, but I have some worries:
Last year I sent the application for green card lottery from the US, and I still live in the US, so I am going to deal with INS, and not consular process. I can not leave the country. However, my parents may have sent by mistake last year another DV-2002 application for lottery. I am wondering: does this mean that I will have problems, although I am a winner of DV-2002? How are they going to check the duplicates? Anybody, has had this experience? How and when does Kentucky visa center transfer my winning documents to the INS? Thanks / eril

dv-2002 and uncertain

I was notified as a DV-2002 winner, but I have some worries:
Last year I sent the application for green card lottery from the US, and I still live in the US, so I am going to deal with INS, and not consular process. I can not leave the country. However, my parents may have sent by mistake last year another DV-2002 application for lottery. I am wondering: does this mean that I will have problems, although I am a winner of DV-2002? How are they going to check the duplicates? Anybody, has had this experience? How and when does Kentucky visa center transfer my winning documents to the INS? Thanks

Not to worry

If there were duplicate application, your application would have been rejected. Since there was only 1 application, you were sent a letter, notifiying you were the winner.