DUI-Evading w/Motor Vehicle. Effect on H1B??

driver

Last Sunday night while driving home from the pub I was getting tired and wanted to shorten the journey so I was driving a little fast. 70MPH in a 50MPH. Well a cop spotted me and started to follow me with the lights and siren on. Unfortunately I did not see the cop behind as I was travelling fast and was gone out of sight before he started his pursuit. When I heard the siren's I immediately thought that some poor guy was being pulled over. I was less than a mile from home so I put the boot down and got home as fast as I could. When I got home I realised that maybe it was me that they were after as I could hear the sirens getting closer. I went inside my home and then straight to bed, but was awoken in a few minutes to the sounds of the cops right outside my door. My girlfriend answered the door and told the cops to wait outside but they came rushing in and then I walked out to the sitting room where I was immediately arrested. They then dragged me out to the road and asked me to do a field sobriety test. To cut a long story short I am being charged with a Felony for evading with Motor Vehicle and a DUI. I had to place a bond of 10000 for the felony and 1500 for the DUI. When I was interviewed by the Judge in Jail he asked was I a citizen and then marked that I was on the paperwork. The facts are that I am a non citizen and am here on a work visa with a US company. My court date is in a few weeks.

I want to know what is likely to happen me on my first court appearance? Will I get rearrested and put in Jail when they find out about my non citizen status? What is the deportation procedure? Do I spend long in Jail before the deportation hearing if this is what is going to happen?

I have a very good Attorney who will work to try and get the felony down to a misdeminor and bargin with the DUI for this. However, what are my chance here? I am up against a very stiff judge in a very stiff county in Texas.What is the name of your state?