DS230 Part 1

GCsucks2003

Registered Users (C)
I have a question on DS 230 Part 1.

Is this the same as the one we filed during Packet 3 submission. So a photocopy of the submitted form is what is expected right?

Is DS230 part II same as OF 230 Part II?

I have a question on DS 230 Part 1. Is this the same as the one we filed during Packet 3 submission. So a photocopy of the submitted form is what is expected right?

Answer: Photocopy expected for what? Are you talking about taking a photocopy of your completed ds 230 part i for the consular interview? If yes, then yes it carry a photocopy!

Is DS230 part II same as OF 230 Part II?

Answer: No. OF 230 is an old form and discontinued. The one you want to carry to the consulate is this one: http://travel.state.gov/DS-0230.pdf

What I was asking was if the photocopy of the DS230 Part 1 that we had to submit for p3 sufficient or should I be filling out a new DS 230 part 1 form complete and sign it?

YEs the photocopy of the ds 230 part 1 which you submitted with your p3 should be sufficient.

In my case i had also carried a blank ds 230 part i and ii although it was not required.

Yes, I also carried the photocopy of already submitted DS-230 Part I and that was sufficient.

No objections raised!!

Since copy of DS-230 PartI sent by lawyer is not very good.
I am printing softcopy of the original fill able form sent to lawyer ( to Consulate)
But I am changing one things, ----------
On the DS-230 Part I from, it says
Mark questions that are Not Applicable with "N/A".
But the Instruction page sent by Consulate say, Do not use any abbreviation like N.A, Write "Not Applicable” and each numbered question must be filled.

Question:
DS-230 Part II
"33a: Do you want the Social Security Administration to assign you an SSN (and issue a card) or issue you a new card (if you have an SSN)?
You must answer "Yes" to this question and to the "Consent To Disclosure" in order to receive an SSN and/or card. "

I already have SSN card, Do I check YES or NO Answer ?

Originally posted by Zapit
Since copy of DS-230 PartI sent by lawyer is not very good.
I am printing softcopy of the original fill able form sent to lawyer ( to Consulate)
But I am changing one things, ----------
On the DS-230 Part I from, it says
Mark questions that are Not Applicable with "N/A".
But the Instruction page sent by Consulate say, Do not use any abbreviation like N.A, Write "Not Applicable” and each numbered question must be filled.

{You may do so. Carry it with you. However they may not
actually ask or keep this during the interview}

Question:
DS-230 Part II
"33a: Do you want the Social Security Administration to assign you an SSN (and issue a card) or issue you a new card (if you have an SSN)?
You must answer "Yes" to this question and to the "Consent To Disclosure" in order to receive an SSN and/or card. "

I already have SSN card, Do I check YES or NO Answer ?

{Your answer should be 'Yes'. Your present SS Card would
say ' eligible to work with INS authorization' or wording to
that effect. Once you become a PR the new card will not
have that kind of restriction. Your SS number remains the
same}

{my responses}

Raju