Double H1 transfer

saim1994

Registered Users (C)
I was consulting for a company (X) and then joined as full time for another company Y. Company Y has applied for my H1 transfer and it is still in process. However, after receiving the go-ahead from USCIS, they have already employed me. Now, I got another offer from company Y. Company Z also wants to transfer my H1. My question is what happens if Z applies for my H1 transfer since another application from Y is already there in my name? Should I wait to be transferred from X to Y till Z can apply for me?

Fast response is highly appreciated since the offer from Z is very very good and I want to grab that depending upon this answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have exactly the same situation.:)
The wait for the transfer process to be completed from X to Y seems to be taking about 6 months or so, and the offer from Z will not be valid for that long.

Any responses to this are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Thanks for the lnk. It answers the question. My understanding is:

Since my status is still fine with company X (although request for new H1B petition is filled by company Y), company Z can file another petition given that I do not break any contract with company Y since I am already working for them.

Thanks for the link.
But the situation explained is different than the original question.

SITUATION IN LINK : Working at X. Applied for transfer to Y. Applied again for transfer to Z (while working at X). This is explained as possible because we have a valid status at X and can have multiple petitions without any problem.

But in my situation am employed by Y already (with only a recipt of notice from INS)and getting pay stubs .And want to move to Z ASAP.

Is this possible?

Also typically how long is it taking for the H-1B transfer? My reciept date is Dec 06 2005.
Thanks much!

The same link explains bridging issue as below.
What this meant to say is, if one is already working for Y with pending petition with Y and one want to file another petition with Z, one can file petition, however, in case of denial of Y's petition may make Z's petition invalid. This is because when you file Z's petition , your status relies on Y's pending petition(as you are no longer working for X), and if Y's petition was denied, you are not considered to be in status when you filed Z's petition, thus Z's petition may be denied.. If Y's petition went though, you are fine.
So, it is possible, but there is a small risk.

"There are issues with what is known as "bridging" when there are multiple filings. If one is relying on the filing from Employer B as a bridge in status to carry him/her over to Employer C, the Employer B petition has to be approved in order for the Employer C petition to be approved as an extension of status."

Last edited by a moderator:
saim1994 said:
Since my status is still fine with company X (although request for new H1B petition is filled by company Y), company Z can file another petition given that I do not break any contract with company Y since I am already working for them.
No, your status is relying on pending petition with Y, not with X as you are already working for Y. In the same way as RKForum_user, Y's petition must be approved for Z's approval. But as a lot of people has successful transfer after some time of out of status, I guess Z's petition might be approved even though Y's petition is denied.

GotPR:
That is a very good information that you are providing here.

My question is what will happen if the petetion from Z is approved while petetion from Y is still pending?

Thanks
CHF