DOS online status check-up

jwaiveronline

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
The fees and DS3035 and other papers were sent to St luis lock box address on Feb 26, 10. We are still waiting for any message to show up in the online system- no update available. Anybody with recent mail sorting experience?
Thanks.

Same here. I fedexed it 2/26, it got there 2/28, check got cashed 3/1, nothing since. Please update when your case shows up online.

Last edited by a moderator:
My case is online now. "Received March 19". But the No objection letter from the embassy hasn't ben entered yet although it got send two days after I sent the DS3035. But that's very common from what I heard.

Ruh, I am on j1 expire 11 /2010 with 212e . For H1B and green card process, I need to finish the J1 WAVIER
I am trying to Get no objection letter from my country for j1 which may granted by may/2010 , can I start now filling j1 NOL wavier although I don’t have no objection letter in the embassy yet. can you please also explain the steps to finish that properly.

Update: No objection statement received 3/26.

Ford, yes, I would think that you can send in your application to the DOS without the embassy letter. In fact, I read somewhere that it is recommended to wait with the embassy letter until your case is in the system. Not sure if that really helps.

Just send the DS3035 package after you filled out online now. Send the barcode page to your embassy. Your case should show up online within ~ 3weeks. Then you just wait until your embassy sends the letter to the DoS.

Hi Ruh,
My case got updated just today. HAPPY..
Waiting for embassy letter and DOS decision.
Godd luck to all of us.
best.

Hi guys, please I need a little help:I did the whole procedure and I never entered an USCIS address in any of the forms because it wasn't requested. I see that some people mention an UCSIS address that is supposed to be sent somewhere in the documentation. I didn't see it anywhere, I only forwarded it to the DoS. I not living in the US at the moment. Please please help! Thanks.

No worries, tatibb. You only send the package to the DoS and they will forward their recommendation to USCIS. You will receive a copy of the recommendation from the DoS and the the final notice from USCIS.

ok, thanks Ruh, I was concerned. It's been 17 days and I still don't see my case status online :(.

Waiver approved! That was a lot quicker than I thought it would be:

3/01/10 DS-3035 package arrived at DoS (Fedex)
3/02/10 Check cashed
3/04/10 German embassy sent No objection letter
3/19/10 Case online
Form DS-3035 Received March 19, 2010
Form DS-2019 Received March 19, 2010
Passport Data Page Received March 19, 2010
Statement Of Reason Received March 19, 2010
Fee Received March 19, 2010
No Objection Statement Received March 26, 2010
Recommendation Sent March 30, 2010

3/30/10 Favorable recommendation sent
4/05/10 I-797 Notice date
4/12/10 I-797 received in mail

Last edited by a moderator:
hi my friends,
I have a question for you.thats really important for me. I am going to get marry with a citizen and I have 2 year rule. Now, I am doing my paper work. I need a reason to get this waive. I believe, getting marry is not a reason to apply waive. First time, I came to USA by work and travel student and now, I am an intern. This is second time at same work place.I work for same hotel.what do you think about what I can write for a reason on J1 Statement of Reason for No objection? My situation is, I already finished my college, I have BC degree under hospitality and management, this is second time in the USA and my work place accepted me to work by intern. I really need your experiences.

Waiver approved! That was a lot quicker than I thought it would be:

3/01/10 DS-3035 package arrived at DoS (Fedex)
3/02/10 Check cashed
3/04/10 German embassy sent No objection letter
3/19/10 Case online
Form DS-3035 Received March 19, 2010
Form DS-2019 Received March 19, 2010
Passport Data Page Received March 19, 2010
Statement Of Reason Received March 19, 2010
Fee Received March 19, 2010
No Objection Statement Received March 26, 2010
Recommendation Sent March 30, 2010

3/30/10 Favorable recommendation sent
4/05/10 I-797 Notice date
4/12/10 I-797 received in mail

-------
Hi Ruh,
I have a question. After recieveing the I-797 (notice of Action), what is the next step to apply for H1-B? Will th eUSCIS send me another "FINAL WAIVER" certificate?
Thanks for your ans.

The I-797 approval notice is the final waiver. It is the end of the waiver process, and you will have to attach this document when you apply for the H1B visa.

hi my friends,
I have a question for you.thats really important for me. I am going to get marry with a citizen and I have 2 year rule. Now, I am doing my paper work. I need a reason to get this waive. I believe, getting marry is not a reason to apply waive. First time, I came to USA by work and travel student and now, I am an intern. This is second time at same work place.I work for same hotel.what do you think about what I can write for a reason on J1 Statement of Reason for No objection? My situation is, I already finished my college, I have BC degree under hospitality and management, this is second time in the USA and my work place accepted me to work by intern. I really need your experiences.

You could say you want to change your status to lawful permanent resident (green card). In my opinion, the reason is not that important as long as they receive the no-objection letter.

You could say you want to change your status to lawful permanent resident (green card). In my opinion, the reason is not that important as long as they receive the no-objection letter.

Thnx pk_net,
I already sent a private message but I think u did not get it. whatever. I think I can get the no-objection letter cuz I payed off all borrow for my school. I readed lot of peoples situation about the no-objection letter.I mean, I dont have a reason I can not get no objection letter.I believe to get married is not a reason I can write on DS 3035, cuz I believe it is not an accesible reason for that. I thought I wanna tell them I will change status by lawful but that scared me cuz of I will be immigrate to the US.I checked a lot of websites and also this website but I could not find a person who wrote his/her reason about that on this website.thats what it is, thats where I am at. I dont know what I can do. can you or somebody else tell me more about that ? I really appreciate that.thanks

Thnx pk_net,
I already sent a private message but I think u did not get it. whatever. I think I can get the no-objection letter cuz I payed off all borrow for my school. I readed lot of peoples situation about the no-objection letter.I mean, I dont have a reason I can not get no objection letter.I believe to get married is not a reason I can write on DS 3035, cuz I believe it is not an accesible reason for that. I thought I wanna tell them I will change status by lawful but that scared me cuz of I will be immigrate to the US.I checked a lot of websites and also this website but I could not find a person who wrote his/her reason about that on this website.thats what it is, thats where I am at. I dont know what I can do. can you or somebody else tell me more about that ? I really appreciate that.thanks

Oh, ok. I haven't checked the inbox.
The Department of State is okay with issuing the waiver for immigration purposes (getting GC). In fact, they explicitly say that the embassy much include this clause in the NOS. (See the barcode page)

The "no objection" statement requested by the exchange visitor must state that the visitor's government has no objection to the applicant
a)not returning to the home country to satisfy the two-year foreign residence requirement and
b)remaining in the U.S. if he or she chooses.

thnx for everything my friend, I really appreciate that. that really really works for me.So that means, if I say , I will get marry and I will change my status, it works to get waive ? Should I say ,I will change my status to be pemanent resident or I should tell them I will get marry .... ? I am asking that question cuz, if I tell them I will get marry and I will get GC, that looks like hardship style waive. I have no idea about hardship style waive but I believe hardship system is for married. thanx for everything.

thnx for everything my friend, I really appreciate that. that really really works for me.So that means, if I say , I will get marry and I will change my status, it works to get waive ? Should I say ,I will change my status to be pemanent resident or I should tell them I will get marry .... ? I am asking that question cuz, if I tell them I will get marry and I will get GC, that looks like hardship style waive. I have no idea about hardship style waive but I believe hardship system is for married. thanx for everything.

You're welcome. Remember that, under the no-objection class, they only care if your country says 'okay'. The US government has no interest of keeping you out of the country. It is fine to say that you are changing your status to permanent residence because of marriage.