~~ Does this mean my I-485 is approved ? (NSC) ***

Lucky_V

Registered Users (C)
* Does this mean my I-485 is approved ? (NSC) ***

To day status of my I-485 application has been changed as below

"Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR
TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Card production ordered.

On June 19, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow
30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from
you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call
customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we
process your case. Just follow the link below to register.
"

Can some one tell me whether this means my I-485 application has been approved and the Card they mentioned is the Green Card?...Thanks for your time.

Priority Date:Sept-2003
Catogory:EB2
I-485 Filed on:Sept-2004
Last(5th) finger print request:June-13-2007
Service Center:Nebraska

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Nelsona!

I was wondering if any one with approved green card can share their thought and the type of process it will take from here, because I only got the above message in the e-mail and I did not got any mails saying "Welcome Notice"..or the Notice to appear in the local USCIS office for the stamping on the passport as other menbers mentioned in other threads.....Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.

Please update when you receive any other notice or the actual card, so as to understand the time frame it takes from this point onward.

I am in the same boat. I checked the online status for me and my family on Monday Jun 18th and saw that the 485 had been approved, and a notice had been dispatched. They said I needed to comply with the instructions on the notice. On Tuesday, Jun 19th, the status changed to "card has been ordered". I also got the email saying card has been ordered. On Wednesday, Jun 20th, I got the email for the first status :).
On Thursday, Jun 21st, I got the notice by mail. I am hoping that my card will be mailed soon.
I believe that once you have the notice, you can make an INFOPASS appointment to get your passport stamped. After four long years. I am so happy!

Congratulations.

Can you please also post some details about your case like your EB category, Priority date and country of origin ?

Thanks

I am in the same boat. I checked the online status for me and my family on Monday Jun 18th and saw that the 485 had been approved, and a notice had been dispatched. They said I needed to comply with the instructions on the notice. On Tuesday, Jun 19th, the status changed to "card has been ordered". I also got the email saying card has been ordered. On Wednesday, Jun 20th, I got the email for the first status :).
On Thursday, Jun 21st, I got the notice by mail. I am hoping that my card will be mailed soon.
I believe that once you have the notice, you can make an INFOPASS appointment to get your passport stamped. After four long years. I am so happy!

I believe that once you have the notice, you can make an INFOPASS appointment to get your passport stamped

Passport stamping is no longer done, as cards are issued quickly now (as your e-mail confirmed. That system is no longer in place.

You have nothing to do but wait for the card next week.

Congrats

by the way, lets do tracking in the tracking thread, not a new one.

EB3/Employment based - India
PD May 2003
485/141 applied Oct 2003
INFOPASS for status in May 2006 - I was informed that the processing was complete and they were waiting for a visa number.

I got approved today.

Just received the magic email.

On June 22, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

---
EB3 India PD Nov 01
Sub Lab.

I-485 RD Jun 05
2 AP's and EAD's.
Just applied for the third AP EAD a couple of weeks back.
2 Fp's

Recent FP 05/02/07

Case transfered from CSC to NSC on 02/14/07.

Thanks for all the support guys.

New status on my I-485

Hello every one,

I just want to update you guys with the latest status change on my I-485 case

I received a mail notification yesterday saying that:

" Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Approval notice sent.

On June 22, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this
I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service. "

~ Do you think, I need to appear personally through InfoPas at local office to submit all my holding documents(EAD/AP..etc) even though if I receive my Green Card ?...pleas share your thoughts...Thanks.

Should I worry?

Looks like a lot of people after me are getting their GC. I am hoping I am not stuck in name check. My name is not common and I am from India.

I am so happy for everyone who is getting theirs including my friends who have filed after me.

Should I worry? Should I go for an Infopass? :confused: :confused:

I am worried that after the retrogress happens in Sep/Oct 2007 I may get stuck for another couple of years.

PD: Oct 2001
EB3/RIR/NSC
I-485 RD: July 2003
FP: 4th time in June 2007
Status on website: FP Review completed (why did they call me for 4th time since this was already the status?)
Nationality: India
Retrogressed - Yes :(

Try opening a service request through USCIS

I would strongly recommend you to call USCIS and let them open a service request (Ticket) for your case...or take a Info pass and let them aware of it...it's just my thought...good luck

Yipeeeee

I just checked the website for my status and it says:

Current Status: Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident.

On June 23, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

So I guess the next step is to simply wait for the notice and I am guessing I will require to go to my local office to get a stamping (that is what the ADIT is for) and then wait for 60 days. I can do that. The long wait is finally over.

Thanks everyone (you too lucky_v)!! Thanks Rajiv Khanna for this wonderful forum.

PD: Oct 2001 (RIR)
I-485: EB3/NSC/July 2003
Retro: Yes :mad:

:D :D :D :D

LuckyV, Uiengar, Cinco and Sandyboy44,

Congratulations!
May I know what is your I-140 Receipt Date and Approval Date? Thanks.

Vagcwaiting

GC approved

Dear friends, I got an email from NSC for my family stating "On June 26, 2007, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before you get your new card call customer service"

I am planning to leave to india this week end and my family is already in india. How long does it take me to receive the letter? Also, if they schedule a appointment with welcome package, what is the time frame NSC give for interview?

Can you give some advise whther i can go to india or do i need to cancel my trip?

PD: May 2003
I485 RD: Nov 2003
3 EAD & AP
6 RFE's
2 AC21
I140 revoked on September 2005

Advance thats for your kind help.

Better talk to your lawyer

I wouldn't rely entirely on any advise you get here for your special case even though it may be useful as a guideline. I strongly advise you to talk to your lawyer to make sure there is no issue coming back. Also, if you have a friend please let him/her collect your mail and let give them authority to open your GC letter and call you up if anything needs to be done. Then you can email your lawyer while in India. Again, seek advise from your lawyer immediately.

Congratulations by the way... :)

just checked the website for my status and it says:

On June 25, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Thanks everyone (you too lucky_v)!! Thanks Rajiv Khanna for this wonderful forum.
2 questions .

1)What is my next step .should i call and book Infopass appointment or theyw ill send me a letter.

Currently my address is refering VA and I would like to book infopass appointment in FL as I moved.but I didn't applied AR11 form as I didn't receieved any cards/letter from Immigration. Can I book an Infopass appointment in FL or not.

PD: May 19 2003)
I-485: EB3/NSC/July 2003

It is done

Card production ordered means it is done so no need for infopass. Just await patiently. Most of my friends got their cards within 10 days of getting a "card production ordered status" so just hang in there.

You are supposed to file AR11 within 10 days of your moving so if you didn't do that and they find out... good luck dude. Just be careful. Hope you have a friend at your address on the file who will mail the cards to you. :)