Does the timeline for 1-612 apply to Non-Hardship Waivers, any suggestion pls!!!

drjavi

Registered Users (C)
My J1 waiver application was approved from Conrad 30 program in (November 2005), then got approval form DOS in (December 2005) and I got reciept notice for I-612 from Vermont service Center in (January 2006) but since then no response from them for 7 months now...The timeline on CIS website says that its for J1 waiver based on Hardship or persecution, does this time apply to my case because it was a Non-Hardship waiver, but whenever I call VSC they always refer to this timeline??? any suggestion please...

after DOS approval, i applied for H1B through premium processing and requested that USCIS approve J1 waiver. they initially approved the H1B without approving J1 waiver. immediately, my attorney sent them another letter requesting approval of J1 waiver since H1B had been approved and USCIS approved the waiver on the same day. it seems as though the time frames posted include all J1 waivers.i know of people still waiting on USCIS approval.

H1 people have requested I-612 approval

I had filed my H1 in (March/2006) via regular process at Texas Service Center but they have asked RFE requesting I-612 three weeks before for my H1 approval...!!! and my stay in US is legal at this time only because of pending H1 application...I dont know if there any way to expedite I-612, which is pending at VSC for 7 months. Moreover, my employer did file congressional enquiry at VSC almost 6 weeks before but still no response form them...any suggestion will be appreciated...thanks